ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Controller and my 2017 Elantra

Participant count
  • Participant list

PaleHaunt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey Gang, came here for some help...

I have a Hyundai Elantra SE 2017, and it had the very standard radio system. Just a regular head unit, not even a touch screen. I replaced the entire system. This is what I have installed...

Sony XAV-AX5000

Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel Power Pack Amplifier

(Front) Infinity PR6500CS Primus

(Rear) Infinity REF6522IX

SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner

Axxess ASWC-1 interface

The Axxess ASWC-1 interface is labeled as "Untested" on their website, so I can't find an installation guide for my car, and I can't even get the unit to power on, so I clearly hooked it up wrong. The funny thing is, the wiring harness I bought is from the same company, Metra, and they say at the bottom of their harness instructions, made for my vehicle:

Connect the following (2) wires to the AXXESS ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Controller Interface (sold separately):

GREEN/ORANGE - SWC1

BLACK near GREEN/ORANGE - SWC GROUND

What the hell is "BLACK near GREEN/ORANGE - SWC GROUND" near. NEAR? I don't know what this means. At all. I've looked at a hundred different installs, trying to figure this out, and I'm lost. Some say it won't work, others swear there's does. ALL I need is the volume and track skip to work. Basic. Is there ANYONE who has done this, or can explain to me, like I'm a idiot, how to wire this in? I install the entire rest of the set up myself, all works perfectly. Not this. Frustrating to say the least.

Well, I got it powered up, and it runs through it's program cycle but then flashes the green red green red showing it's not programmed. I can't get it to recognize the car, even holding up the volume. Maybe it's just not compatible. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.