Can I connect a subwoofer to satellite speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Logitech Z523 at the moment and would like to upgrade the sub-woofer to something better, or more powerful. I am looking to get a Polk Audio PSW10, but I don't know if I could connect it to my satellite speakers. If Its possible, I know that I'd have to do some soldering. I was just wondering, would it overpower the satellite speakers, or would they only use as much power as they need?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Logitech Z523 at the moment and would like to upgrade the sub-woofer to something better, or more powerful. I am looking to get a Polk Audio PSW10, but I don't know if I could connect it to my satellite speakers. If Its possible, I know that I'd have to do some soldering. I was just wondering, would it overpower the satellite speakers, or would they only use as much power as they need?
the upgraded sup will not have an amplifier in it to power the satellite speakers. If youre getting a new sub, youre going to want some bookshelf speakers or something like that or even a pair of powered studio monitors which can be found on the cheap used on your local facebook garage sale/rummage sites. I got one pair of B&W 6.5 2 ways from a pawn shop for $120 and another pair on ebay for around the same. Look for some KRK monitors to go along with your new sub and be prepared to be astonished. My B&Ws would blow you away on my Denon receiver

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CarAudio.com Newbie
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
youdoofus
IMG_0632.jpg

just call me KeV