Can I add second battery like this..PIC**

yes ground the rear battery to chassis then run the amps straight to the battery, works fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

as far as the guy with the fuse issue make a new thread and give details:

wire size

fuse size

ect ect ect...

Will never work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

need a flux capacitor to keep the batteries at the same voltage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Where can I get teh flux capicator? lol do I get stickers with that
They come complimentary when you buy the "Back to the Future" DVD or Bluray Box set. Stickers and Glowy neon lights included //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Adding more batteries only allows for you to play your system longer with the car off...

adding more batteries only compounds your problems by adding more load on the alternator.

You need a HO alternator.

I don't get why people would spend $200+ on a battery, before they would spend it on a alternator. Thats totally opposite of the way you should upgrade your electrical system.

Adding more batteries only allows for you to play your system longer with the car off... adding more batteries only compounds your problems by adding more load on the alternator.

You need a HO alternator.

I don't get why people would spend $200+ on a battery, before they would spend it on a alternator. Thats totally opposite of the way you should upgrade your electrical system.

Proper battery size

total rms watts of system.... . Minimum battery current

1200-1300......................... . 1300

Proper alternator size

total rms watts of system... . Charging system upgrade

1000-1500........................ . 110

I have a 525amp battery, I need 775amps of more current.

I have a 115amp alternator, chart says I only need 110.

Pretty sure in my case I need a bigger/more battery

Good Idea!! ...So make one ground from the back battery to the chassis, and hook up both my amps ground wires to the battery negative?
And Disturbed, I was gunna buy a 8a31 or 9A31 off Bad4Health for 120 shipped, I believe they're Dekas
Solid yes they are I bought my Deka's from bad4health. I just gave DB a plug as his are refurb's and bad's are just used batts.

As far as mixing batts some say don't do some say it makes no difference. I have my two dekas hooked up to my factory batt and I have had zero issues for well over a year.

I have a 525amp battery, I need 775amps of more current.I have a 115amp alternator, chart says I only need 110.

Pretty sure in my case I need a bigger/more battery
I don't think that you have included your main speakers/stereo in that figure.

Also your car needs power too! and your battery needs to re-charge also.. there's another 40+ amps, on top of what your amp draws..

If your lights dim or have voltage sag. you need a alt. not a battery.

Mind posting a the link to this chart..

I've been on this forum for 2 days now and im just dumbfounded by all of the mis information on here. If your serious about car audio, this is not the site to be on.

I don't think that you have included your main speakers/stereo in that figure. Also your car needs power too! and your battery needs to re-charge also.. there's another 40+ amps, on top of what your amp draws..

If your lights dim or have voltage sag. you need a alt. not a battery.

Mind posting a the link to this chart..

I've been on this forum for 2 days now and im just dumbfounded by all of the mis information on here. If your serious about car audio, this is not the site to be on.

^^ true

Might help to get the big 3 and see how that helps too, cheap and may help a bit, adding a 2nd battery wont help when voltage is dropping down to 9v IMO.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/398527-dual-battery-wiring-tutorial-why.html

may help too

lol I've been on this site since 06, learned quite a bit back in the day. The forum has gone downhill though. There are still plenty of knowledgable people here willing to help.

The chart wasn't from this site though. Charts can be found here batteries/fuses/wires/alternators - Car Audio Forum - Car Audio's Forum! and yes I included my door speakers, Only running 50w X 2.

I agree I need a bigger alternator, but I also need more battery current. I can afford an extra battery for $60 and some wiring for the big3 compared to a $324, 200amp alt and then paying more to have it installed since my alt. is under the wheel well.

I checked my voltage drops at the ciggerette lighter outlet, don't know if that's the right place to check?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.