Can anyone recommend me a budget Class-D amp to power a single SA-12D2 sub?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I think so far im leaning most towards the Cadence Z1200. Did a bit of research on them and they seem to get good reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with the Rockford I posted earlier?

And if i were to go with the Cadence, would you recommend I get a 2 ohms or 4 ohms version of the sub? The Sundown has an RMS of 600W

D4 is is better because you can wire it for 2ohms. The D2 version can be wired for 1ohm or 4ohm. Neither of the last two is optimal. You will get less wattage from a mono amplifier when running at 4ohm. You will get more when running at 1ohm, but this can strain car's electrical as well as the amplifier. Some amplifiers are not even rated for 1ohm operation. It's up to you. Some people prefer D2 so they can wire it for 1ohm and squeeze all they can get out of the amplifier.

D4 is is better because you can wire it for 2ohms. The D2 version can be wired for 1ohm or 4ohm. Neither of the last two is optimal. You will get less wattage from a mono amplifier when running at 4ohm. You will get more when running at 1ohm, but this can strain car's electrical as well as the amplifier. Some amplifiers are not even rated for 1ohm operation. It's up to you. Some people prefer D2 so they can wire it for 1ohm and squeeze all they can get out of the amplifier.
Thanks! Ill go for the 4 Ohm version then. Would it get enough power at 4 Ohms with the Cadence Z1200?

Looking to power a single Sundown Audio SA-12D2 subwoofer. I play mostly house and RnB. I have a budget of about $250. Looking for a class-D amp.
I have a KAC-8105D amp but its not enough to power the SA-12.

If possible, can you recommend me a European-brand sub (or a US-made sub that can be easily found in Europe) as I live in Europe and by buying from the EU I would avoid high postage costs and VAT.

Thanks !
Brz 1200 ran that setup awhile sa plus brz = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.