Can a box builder confirm these numbers please?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmoney9
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bay Area
I just want to see if my numbers that I have are right for my ported box for a 12" FI BL. I wanted it at 33 tuning hertz with the max height of 17" and max width at 30". I then found the depth to be 15.159". I will be using 40 inches total for port area. The net cubic ft of the box is supposed to be 2.5'.

So in basic terms I got my box to be 30 x 15.159 x 17

L W H

port width : 2.581

port length : 27.170

Displacement of sub was .18 if you need that info. MDF thickness is .75 as well.

Does this sound right?

Nope. Your box volume calculation was fine based on that info, but the port length was about 6 inches to short.

Change box depth to 15.625, port width to 2.5" (x 15.5"h) and port length to 32" and you'll be spot on.

Good luck!

Nope. Your box volume calculation was fine based on that info, but the port length was about 6 inches to short.
Change box depth to 15.625, port width to 2.5" (x 15.5"h) and port length to 32" and you'll be spot on.

Good luck!
Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.