Can a Better Headunit make a huge improvement in Sound quality?

the 780 has TONS of options on it for optimum sound, many many more than the 4800 has. It'll sound pretty much however you want it to sound, bidding you have the other gear to back up your desires.

oh, and make sure to let me know when USPS delivers it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Im not familiar with how long US-to-Canada shipping takes.

usually bouy 5 days from fl to canada
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif don't tell me that!

i believe it's been longer then that already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

the 780 has TONS of options on it for optimum sound, many many more than the 4800 has. It'll sound pretty much however you want it to sound, bidding you have the other gear to back up your desires.
oh, and make sure to let me know when USPS delivers it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Im not familiar with how long US-to-Canada shipping takes.
I sure will. I'm hoping that it will be here by the end of this week.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif don't tell me that!
i believe it's been longer then that already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
From past items that Ive bought from the us, shipping usually took 2 full business weeks. So according to when you shipped it out , it should be here by the end of this week/ earlier next week

I have a question regarding Head unit sound quality. I had a set of MTX comps along with my pioneer 4800 headunit. I didnt like the sound at all so I upgraded to some Rainbow Germaniums, but they still have the same type of "sound" to them. Its a very aggressive and in your face type of sound. I was told that the Germaniums are supposed to have a warm sound to them. Is it my current headunit which is making them sound this way?

I have a question regarding Head unit sound quality. I had a set of MTX comps along with my pioneer 4800 headunit. I didnt like the sound at all so I upgraded to some Rainbow Germaniums, but they still have the same type of "sound" to them. Its a very aggressive and in your face type of sound. I was told that the Germaniums are supposed to have a warm sound to them. Is it my current headunit which is making them sound this way?
that is possible. I mean, the 4800 only has bass, mid, and treble controls correct? With the equalizer, you'll have many more options. In other words, you will be able to make certain sounds more powerful and others more soft.

Yeah, it can make an audible difference. It also depends on what other equipment you have in the car. If you have a Sony Xplod amp and speakers, then it's a different story.

A quality head unit will have better processors. I am not so sure that having 4 volt preouts (or better) vs 2 volt preouts wil make that much of a difference in sound. If that were the case, why does Alpine mostly run 2 volt preouts? To our ears I believe the total system set up and cars interior space and acoustics would make more of a difference than preout voltage. Just my opinion! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I currently have a pioneer 4800, but Will be installing a Premier 780 when it arrives. Will there be a noticeable difference?
I am not familiar with those units in particular, but i know for sure that the answer to the title is yes x 11tyjillion

Even my Alpine has some audible noise that I did not notice with the Eclipse CD5444, so when I install the CD8053 and get rid of the alpine I am certain there will be a difference.

Also the 780 should have more tuning options as well, that will help.

I notice a difference b/c my tweets are on axis and very sensitive, which can be a bad thing and a good thing as it exposes the flaws in my system.

The noise you speak of is attributed to the low pre outs on the Alpine. Eclipse uses high pre outs. If you are running good speakers, IE. Hertz, Focals, they will drag out any noise in your equipment.

Just because Alpine uses 2v preouts, doesn't mean it's good. Why do Pioneer's premier series up the pre out voltage. Why does Eclipse tout their high voltage. The higher end Alpine head units use 4v anways. It's a factor, and needs to be considered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.