Can 12's and 8's be on the same box?

Okay, serious answer. The wave from your 12's will cancel out the wave from your 8's. And you'll **** up the RF of your box. This is something you learn like 6 months into car audio.

Okay, serious answer. The wave from your 12's will cancel out the wave from your 8's. And you'll **** up the RF of your box. This is something you learn like 6 months into car audio.
I'm brand new ... about a month old or so need 5 months to go .... thanks for that comment

So If they have different chambers yes? any cons on doing that?
even with different cahmbers i wouldnt but thats me, but you can do whatever you want. but if you do build a box or have one built for all four subs. make sure your 12 inch chambers are recommended cubes, and the same with you 8's. dont make all the chambers the same size, build them to specs

ehh, I'm only going to say this one time.

DIFFERENT SIZE SUBS WON'T CAUSE CANCELLATION!!!

it will however cause an irregular frequency responce, which still isn't benefitial, however, it's not inherently too much worse than porting subs, it's just less predicatable. All that said, however, I can't say I can reccomend mixing sub sizes. Seperate chambers is always a good thing. It'll add bracing to the box. Plus if your 12's were to suddenly break while running alot of power to each sub, your 8's would suddenly be running free-air with WAYY to much power on them, now your down 4 drivers instead of 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.