camaro sub box, will it work

sporty_drew
10+ year member

Just here...
Iowa
I'm putting 1 12 L7 in my Camaro and i don't want to put it where my t-tops go so i'm planning on putting just behind the rear seat. To do this i have to make it really shallow and invert the sub. I made a quick sketch on gimp and am wondering if anyone can tell me if it will work? It is the right amount of airspace, but i'm not sure about the shape. Thanks

sorry about the crappy sketch, but hopefully you'll get the picture.

camarosubbox.jpg

i wouldn't want to port it with 1.3 ft^3, would I? There really isn't a good place to put the port in the box.

theres no way i spending that kind of money for a box. i have already looked at them. I'll stick with building one.

I've relized its goint to be hard but it will be worth it, like always.

Camaro's are a ***** to put systems in. The max size you can make a square box in that back area is around 2.0cf if your lucky.
Totally wrong.

I have a 3.4 cubic foot box in the back of my firebird right now.

sporty_drew that box will work. I used to have one just like that, but I had 2 12s in it.

312103_35_full.jpg

312103_10_full.jpg

I could still see perfectly out of my rear view mirror and everything.

ok thanks alot. I just want the one for now. I'm surprised that you could see out your rear window. I cant as it is with my double 5% on the back window. Thanks for the pictures, i'm going to start the box today.

Yeah the top of the box landed right where the tip of the wing was in my mirror, so it didn't block anything I saw.

If you make your box a little higher, it won't block your vision and you'll get some more space for your L7. You might even be able to mount it inside the box.

I'd throw the T-tops in the back seat and run a proper size box in the trunk, but hey, I do audio first and ergonomics last //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.