camaro sub box help?

wow i hope i dont have this same problem as my setup is gonna be 2 12" type r's (not sure if their 2 or 4 ohm) and a 1200 watt jbl amp. im gonna run a box thats angled towards the front of the car and its got about 1 cu ft per slot.

and ive never seen a ported box in a camaro personally.

i have a 1989 trans am, with 6 ground zero nukes, and 12 nexus amps. they can get real loud. i had a 166.8 on the old audio control

pics or //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ban.gif.ce8465566702ef9f72e97e794ed1c86a.gif

wow i hope i dont have this same problem as my setup is gonna be 2 12" type r's (not sure if their 2 or 4 ohm) and a 1200 watt jbl amp. im gonna run a box thats angled towards the front of the car and its got about 1 cu ft per slot.
and ive never seen a ported box in a camaro personally.
you wont camaros hold bass very well i just so happen to have to big of a box for 2 10s

you wont camaros hold bass very well i just so happen to have to big of a box for 2 10s
yeah i had 2 12s in my first camaro with alot less power than im gonna be running now but for some **** reason i cant find a box like i used to have. hopefully this q-logic box im buying from a member on here does the trick.

Figure out how many cubes you have in there first. If its to big fill in some of the area to reduce the volume. Some spray foam would work, not sure if you could get any pieces of MDF and block off some of the area or not. You probably only have the hole for the sub to work thru. I have some rigid closed cell foam blocks that I have used to reduce volume in an oversized box. Worked great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.