Called DD: they said my box won't work

sharkman

poor bass head
Ok I have a dd 9500d motor that I'm going to recone to a 18. Right now I have a re sx 18 in a 9.2 cu. fft. Box tuned to 32hz..... The thing gets low. On some songs It gets too low and sounds really low...I've dealt with so I called dd and ask about a few details about the reconing the sub will cost me $330 if I ship out to them and this would include their new basket and shipping back to me...plus a 1 year warrarnty. Great for me cause in -laws work for ups so I get free shipping.sometimes.. So the guy I spoke with ,didn't catch his name said my box would be to big. And I should do 6-6.5 cubes and I'll have better results for their sub...I know that re loves it up to 8 cu. .....so what size should I built my box? If 6-6.5 is the sweet spot then that is great I need the room for my 33 inch spare and a custom amp rack.....the power I give it I'm not sure...will try to get a quality amp like sq2200 or bc2000

Can I keep my 9.2 cu. ft. Box for the dd 9518. From what I read people are saying dd specs make their sub sound like crap.....dd told me in a smaller box I could sound twice as loud...he said my large box would make the sub lose control

It might help to listening to the people who designed and built the sub as to it's performance specs, especially if you might ever need it warrantied......

You probably spoke with jack. I would build to the specs he gave you, like stated above. They do build & design the subs. My sundown z is in a 5.5 net box and it sounds good. I went with what sundown told me.

I like the idea for chopping it up but only thing the box costume was time. I work at home depot and can get the mdf free. Plus I want to compare the boxes as well...I just don't understand why my sx require a bigger box then the 9500.... I just wonder what it's going to sound like...in the mean time I will build another box it comes out as good or better......I used a paint 10x deck cover. It gave it a texture and covered up all the screw holes and rough cuts

So if I a box or a few boxes then glued them in the corners I could actaully shrink the large enclouser? Hmm sounds right but would I have to fill the filler box with anything...spray foam would work nice....I think I give that a shot just to see if it works if it sounds better then I will build another box since I will need the space for my tire and amp rack

So if I a box or a few boxes then glued them in the corners I could actaully shrink the large enclouser? Hmm sounds right but would I have to fill the filler box with anything...spray foam would work nice....I think I give that a shot just to see if it works if it sounds better then I will build another box since I will need the space for my tire and amp rack
Its going to through the port ratio out of wack. You cant just do that

I'm hoping to get a 3-4k and wire it up. just want the headroom if my sub wants to be greedy. I was thinking sq or aq2200 or bc2000 but now I'm looking at ss xxx 4k....im not picky want ever falls in my lap I will run with it

So it doesn't do 3300 watts at 14.4 volts....I'm not looking for the 4k. I don't believe the sub would live with that daily. What would be nice would be a list of amps that I could put on the sub...would really like older amps since the price would be a litte better....I'm hoping to get an extremely over powered amp and run it at 2 ohms. Or a nice amp and run it at .5.. The nice thing is that I don't have the sub built yet so what ever amp i get I get my vc built to that wiring

Yea the tech said I would cause the sub to work harder in a box the big....it just strange cause the sx asks for up to 8 cubes. I went 9.2 because I wanted to see how it would sound. Everyone loves it and shaking cars all around me..my lady was on the free way 2 cars ahead of me and said I was shaking her seat....so it's a ground pounder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.