Called DD: they said my box won't work

See the problem I have is I don't have anyone out here I can build with. No one has quality stuff the best you will find in the hood is maybe someone running an L7 or baric...and the amp will almost always be hifonics or worst

I'm not worried about the box if it don't work I have no problem building another but I need to test it first...if I don't work I will see the sx box and amp for a good price

cheapest budget one is clarion cz702 try to find one used.

If you dont care about time alignment, bluetooth or active capable, 24 bit processors etc.. and just want 3 sets of 4 volt preouts then i have a 4200ub
984229_800478253328054_104278132541996540_n.jpg

80 bucks shipped and if you want i'll throw in a clarion eqs746 for 100$

Hey Jeff I will love to get that hu from that...sound like its worlds away from what I have now.....a far a work for the boxes...it's not a problem to build another just don't want to if not needed. Now I know my box is heavy. 9 cubes of a box is retarded but I was benching 350 lbs in high school. So I'm not worried about the weight...just I live in an apartment so space in none so I would have to go to the il- laws to build the box again

BassBox6 predicts 6ft^ box net 7.1ft^ gross /8 inch port@14"/ 32.63hz port and a 29hz f3 port velocity with 6" was too high 8 inch port lowered it by half. Working the box size all the the way to a 8ft^ net. 29hz fb and a 26hzf3 Hope this helps

26-29 hertz? I didn't know that dd 9500 like it so low... Everyone always said it doesnt like it placed under 36...and it will play great below.i don't know what to do about this box thing...I'm going to put it on the back burner...for now I'm going to get a better hu hopefully from Jeff and redo my front stage win a pa system....then Ill pick up a amp then ship this bad boy off to dd....no telling when I will have all this together. All I know is that I'm moving into my new apartmeNt and I'm taking everything out...need to get a feel for the new area....

26-29 hertz? I didn't know that dd 9500 like it so low... Everyone always said it doesnt like it placed under 36...and it will play great below.i don't know what to do about this box thing...I'm going to put it on the back burner...for now I'm going to get a better hu hopefully from Jeff and redo my front stage win a pa system....then Ill pick up a amp then ship this bad boy off to dd....no telling when I will have all this together. All I know is that I'm moving into my new apartmeNt and I'm taking everything out...need to get a feel for the new area....
Forgot about you running pro audio

my 4200ub head unit has a V shaped sound curve where its emphasized on the bass, dips a in the midrange and is very bright/sharp on the highs. EQ doesn't help much with that, always a little spike in the 6k hz section. Would take a lot of tuning on your going active amp to be happy with the sound. Since you are running PA equipment, they might not pair well if you hate sharp highs. I'm not desperate enough to make a sale to BS you into something that might not fit your needs. Supertweets on this unit would be a concern seeing how most tweeters out of the 3 sets of components i've tried on this head unit were pretty harsh to my ears even the silk dome ones. the clarion eqs746 helps a little bit but does not much in killing off the sharpness of the tweets.

Yes this is concluded that its the head unit's sound signature, other head units(alpine 147 bt, 80 prs) sound signature is completely different when comparing them out of the box.

edit: **** i just realize having an SQ oriented head unit killed my impression of every other head unit out there haha.

Ok thanks yeah I don't mind the highs but everyone else like my girl can't take it....when I 1st put my tweets in the killed me now my ears are just dead lol...and going active? What is that...let me do a search

pretty much power tweets and mids separately on different channels of the amp, adjusting gains for each separately and choosing different crossovers using the amp or the head unit. Its much harder and less accurate when doing it on the amp compared to an active capable head unit.

passive is the crossovers included in component sets. They have a certain preset point and try to divide the power out evenly. A lot of the times active sounds better then passive because depending on your car, your speakers might play differently and the preset crossover points of a passive crossover isnt optimal for that particular environment. Active gives you the control to tailor the sound to your own unique environment in the vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.