Calculating output wattage at 4 ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list
You'd need to measure the current to know for sure. Since it's 2,500 at 1 Ohm and 1,700 at 2 Ohms it's safe to estimate ~800-1,000W at 4 Ohms. Are you trying to set your gain with a DMM?

You'd need to measure the current to know for sure. Since it's 2,500 at 1 Ohm and 1,700 at 2 Ohms it's safe to estimate ~800-1,000W at 4 Ohms. Are you trying to set your gain with a DMM?
I was trying to see if I could use this amp at 4 ohms to safely power a pair of Memphis HPO10's.

I know how to set gains with a DMM, that's not a problem. I just wanted to see if the 4 ohm rating would be close to what I'd want to push those 10's with.

I had to look up that sub and I couldn't find official specs, but it seems that amp may be fine with 2 HPO 10s.
Yeah, the amp should have plenty of power. I'll be starting a build log sometime in the next two weeks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.