Cadence vs Boston Acoustics?

Yes cost is one reason. I've also heard really good things about this amp for the money. Bridged it puts out decent power for what I want to do. I understand that these A/B amps will have a little bit better sq than a class d??

Yes cost is one reason. I've also heard really good things about this amp for the money. Bridged it puts out decent power for what I want to do. I understand that these A/B amps will have a little bit better sq than a class d??
You cannot generalize the SQ of the entire class of amplifiers. This has been discussed many times. I hope this thread does not degenerate into a long class ab vs d flame fest again. But to give you an example, JL Audio's HD amplifiers are some of best SQ amplifiers, and are seen competing well in SQ competitions.. so here is a great counter-example to the view that Class D amplifiers don't have enough SQ. The sound signature _can_ be different even between the amplifiers of the same class, but this may not be better or worse. It's like choosing between different brand vanilla ice creams.

Regarding the Boston Acoustics GT series, these are considered very good, over-built amplifiers that are good for SQ and SPL. I would love to have something like GT-2200 or GT-2300. The thing looks beautiful and probably sounds that way too. However, my common sense prevails as I don't want spent time, money and space to fit a 20 inch long surfboard with a heat sink. If you can install them in your car, they should be a good buy IMO. These amplifiers used to be pricey, but now stores are getting rid of old inventory as BA is getting out of car audio business, and the market trend now is towards more compact and efficient class d amplifiers, specially in applications where these 2-channel beasts used to be popular.

2ohm stable even though it is labeled as 4ohm stable?
Some are rated 2 ohm stable from the factory, the 2ch they make thats not 2 ohm stable is the gta 602, the rest are all 2 ohm stable bridged, sometime they only list it under the 12v rating, like with the gta 275, but if you look at the 12v rating for the gt275 it shows a power rating at 2 ohms bridged. The GTA 2125 which is what op is asking about is rated for 600rms @ 2 ohms bridged at 14.4v.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.