Cadence vs. Audioque and DD

Well since you know everything, call DJ and ask him? He'll tell you the same thing. I'd rather have the DD over AQ, but much rather pay AQ prices. If 2 identical systems are set up right the 2510's will not blow away the Sdc2's.
Look at the stats, different motors and all, the dd has a 20 oz heavier magnet and its 5-10 pounds heavier, I'm on my phone and don't have both driver weights but the 2512 is 25 pounds.

Watch and Learn

[video=youtube;vuU-AFUnZAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuU-AFUnZAY&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need to watch and learn! I've heard almost every DD series made?
But listen about what they Steve has to say about DD and Audioque maybe?

Edit: Sorry, that vid wasn't for you, it was for the people saying DD was too high priced.

But listen about what they Steve has to say about DD and Audioque maybe?
Edit: Sorry, that vid wasn't for you, it was for the people saying DD was too high priced.
Yeah, I all ready knew that too. I think DD is one of the few you can feel proud about even at the so called high price. Some people complaining probably never heard them. I think DD hits too hard for most people, but they'll never know until they properly install one. With that said, I feel the HDC3 is about the best deal on the web. I happen to like China because they lower the prices for the consumers. AQ has enough oversight to make sure the quality is there.

Sorry, that vid wasn't for you, it was for the people saying DD was too high priced.
What do you expect the guy to say, bro? Every company says "We use top grade materials, spend a lot of time on R&D and put out the best product possible". That's just the way it is. No company is going to come out and say "Hey, we use trashy materials to cut costs and do half assed R&D. Our product is all about profit and we don't care about build quality".

The fact of the matter is simple. DD does spend a lot of money on their product. Highly skilled american workers don't put in long days on the cheap. Even so, there's no way a 3515e costs anywhere near $507 to produce. Digital Designs' profit per product is significant. If it wasn't they'd be in another line of work.

What do you expect the guy to say, bro? Every company says "We use top grade materials, spend a lot of time on R&D and put out the best product possible". That's just the way it is. No company is going to come out and say "Hey, we use trashy materials to cut costs and do half assed R&D. Our product is all about profit and we don't care about build quality".
The fact of the matter is simple. DD does spend a lot of money on their product. Highly skilled american workers don't put in long days on the cheap. Even so, there's no way a 3515e costs anywhere near $507 to produce. Digital Designs' profit per product is significant. If it wasn't they'd be in another line of work.
Haven't you ever seen a manufacturer's MSRP then seen a different store's price? Every company sets their MSRP high and gives a shop room to work. You can find DD for cheaper than the manufacturer price at certain shops if you try.

Haven't you ever seen a manufacturer's MSRP then seen a different store's price? Every company sets their MSRP high and gives a shop room to work. You can find DD for cheaper than the manufacturer price at certain shops if you try.
Brad Deppe gave me the $507 price quote for the 3515e. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

ok guys dd is the best let it go. not going 2 convince on a forum.
By no means did I say DD is the best, I am just supporting that you get what you pay for in the world of electronics and finding falsehoods when people try and compare a 2500 series to an SDC2.5.

Brad Deppe gave me the $507 price quote for the 3515e. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
2m2ug5x.png

There you have it.

And once again; There's NO FUCKING WAY that subwoofer costs anywhere near $507 to manufacture. I'd be shocked if it costs more than $125.

By no means did I say DD is the best, I am just supporting that you get what you pay for in the world of electronics and finding falsehoods when people try and compare a 2500 series to an SDC2.5.
yea but 4 500 sollars i can get a sub thats much better then ur 2500 lol not worth the price imho

Learn how to read what I said, that is the price that DD, the manufacturer gave you. That is NOT a quote from a dealer or shop that can you do you better on price.

Ah, the phrase that ever DD nuthugger falls back on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
15" composite DD cone - $239

15" cf DD cone - $250

cf DD dustcap -$40

So that's $290 or $279 respectively....for cone upgrades. That's nonsense. I'm just breakin' balls. If you like DD, that's cool. Personally, I'm never going to pay $250 extra for a woofer cone, because I think it's stupid.
not true man i do insist DD's build quality is substantially better then the other companies i bought my 9515g w/ a comp cone for 450shipped used of course

but what i am saying if your givin the opportunity to get DD subs on the same caliber in comparison to the other companies mentioned i'd say go for the DD

but HDC3-a will get the nearly the same results if some competitors with endless bankrolls spend money its to chase 1/10ths which DD subwoofers have been proven to be louder in direct drop in test.

but retail on DD is rediculous and i would never pay it

but thier CS is pretty **** good when i blew my 9515g i had no problem getting a recone sent to me being a first time customer and never having dealt with them prior to that.

b

Learn how to read what I said, that is the price that DD, the manufacturer gave you. That is NOT a quote from a dealer or shop that can you do you better on price.
I'm pretty sure factory direct pricing is cheaper than an authorized dealer's price. At least it is with every other company that I've bought from directly. I know for sure that DC's factory direct pricing is a fraction of their MSRP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.