Cadence vs. Audioque and DD

You just aren't getting it, bro. This has nothing to do with MSRP. Buying factory direct is cheaper than buying from a middleman. It's a simple economic fact.
Okay, then tell me why DD quoted me 3?0 and I went to a dealer that quoted 287 and got a show room model for 230.

ur subs is not made by americans, the whole argument was dd is made in ok, thats the 3500 and up, 3500 is 500 dollars, for 500 dollars id much rather get a btl, xcon, hdc3, nightshade, death penalty, all which can be had for much cheaper

Okay, then tell me why DD quoted me 3?0 and I went to a dealer that quoted 287 and got a show room model for 230.
hey u got a great sub for a great price their is no doubting that man, but dont be under the impression that u also have this custom built sub made in america, all im saying is for that price id much rather have some knockoff 9500 hdc3 etc

hey u got a great sub for a great price their is no doubting that man, but dont be under the impression that u also have this custom built sub made in america, all im saying is for that price id much rather have some knockoff 9500 hdc3 etc
I was pushing the point that the dealers were giving much lower than what DD quoted, I never said anything about the whole OK thing.

But it's Monday and I'd still like to know the buildhousee that you're talking about and proof.

I get sick of people complaining about DDs pricing, just because they are too expensive for YOU (and me for that matter) to buy new doesn't mean that they are priced too expensively. DD is not stupid, they have their niche, they are selling woofers and they are making money. They have their prices where they are at for a reason. Whining on an internet forum is not going to change their prices, if they see a drop in sales or profits maybe they will lower the prices, some guy whining on an internet forum is never going to make them drop their prices.

Also the discussion on the price vs performance on the DDZ is ridiculous, obviously there are diminishing returns on everything and the DDZ is pretty much at a point where the performance is pretty diminished. The DDZ is not targeted at some kid that wants to get as loud as possible for as little money as possible. The price of an DDZ is minimal for a lot of these competitors that spend hundreds and hundreds of hours building, testing and retesting to squeeze every ounce of performance out of a build. It makes no sense to spend so much time and effort on all of the other aspects and then skimp on the woofer. DD knows this and put out the best woofer it could for these customers. For an average guy I doubt they would notice the difference of the composite cone vs the paper cone but for a guy that is competing and everyone else has composite cones I doubt he is going to give up victory because of a $250 cone after he spent $60,000 on his spl van and hundreds of hours testing.

That being said I don't know if the DDZ is better than the Warden maybe one of these big competitors will take a risk and see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.