Cadence vs. Audioque and DD

u can buy ur 1 dd9515 for 750 and ill buy 2 aq hdc3's alum for cheaper and well see who wins //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
paid 450 for mine w/ composite cone

I'm pretty sure factory direct pricing is cheaper than an authorized dealer's price. At least it is with every other company that I've bought from directly. I know for sure that DC's factory direct pricing is a fraction of their MSRP.
I've never dealt with DC but big corporations have theirs high so dealers can sell it for cheaper and be like "Hey! Look how much of a discount you get!" when you're actually paying what it's worth.

You bought a used sub. Of course it was cheaper than a new one.
true but see $95 D2 recone and bam new sub

but i though we werent just comparing price here or is that what this thread has escalated into is just one heated conversion on price....

I've never dealt with DC but big corporations have theirs high so dealers can sell it for cheaper and be like "Hey! Look how much of a discount you get!" when you're actually paying what it's worth.
I'm not trying to get into an argument with you here, but your logic is flawed. This discussion isn't about manufacturer's suggested retail, but real world/open market pricing. By your logic, going through a middleman actually REDUCES a customer's cost. This isn't how business is done. The middleman isn't there to get you a better deal. His job is to sell product at a price that allows him to cover overhead and turn a profit.

Have you ever heard the old phrase "eliminate the middleman"? The only way a dealer is going to beat factory direct pricing is if DD is intentionally sticking it to customers who don't have a local dealer to purchase from. That would be dirty and underhanded.

true but see $95 D2 recone and bam new sub
but i though we werent just comparing price here or is that what this thread has escalated into is just one heated conversion on price....
The argument is ALWAYS about price when Digital Designs equipment is the topic. Everyone knows the quality is there. It's the cost that people have a problem with.

I'm not trying to get into an argument with you here, but your logic is flawed. This discussion isn't about manufacturer's suggested retail, but real world/open market pricing. By your logic, going through a middleman actually REDUCES a customer's cost. This isn't how business is done. The middleman isn't there to get you a better deal. His job is to sell product at a price that allows him to cover overhead and turn a profit.
Have you ever heard the old phrase "eliminate the middleman"? The only way a dealer is going to beat factory direct pricing is if DD is intentionally sticking it to customers who don't have a local dealer to purchase from. That would be dirty and underhanded.
Okay look here, I know it's Pioneer but the logic still works.

Their site says "Suggested Price 309.00"

Pioneer USA - GM-D8500M - Class-D Mono Amplifier with 1200 Watts Max. Power

It sells on Newegg for 199.99

Newegg.com - Pioneer GM-D8500M 1200W Mono Amplifier With 1200 Watts Max. Power

Granted, this was 5 years ago and the D motor instead of the E motor.
Understood. I think $420 in today's market is reasonable for a moderately high end 15" subwoofer. For example, Fi, SSA and DC offer capable 15" subs that're arguably as badass as the 3515 for $384, $389 and $385 respectively (BTL, Level 4XL and Xcon). $30-ish more for the DD is reasonable...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.