Buying deck tommorow. Still haven't decided!!!

BEST DEAL/DECK??

• Panasonic MXE-CQ1083 for 250$

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Clarion 835MP for 275$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alpine CDA-9815 for 380$

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Eclipse 8443 (the new one) for 419$

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

SPLThunder
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
The reason i am most likely buying tommorow is because i asked the local stereo shop that carries Eclipse and they only have 1 of the 4 they are getting left to reserve. I need to know what the best choice would be. I know this is a vague question but i just want opinions and i really want to know if i should get the eclipse. There will probably be controversy over the Alpine and the eclipse but i am going for the best SQ and dont need a ton of extra features

Its kindof like adding a spoiler, stickers, and ram air to a car. They dont do anything but look good. I want to drop in a 427 stroker...to my cd player that is.

When I got my eclipse, they let me switch it out of my car with the alpine 7995 for a day and see which I liked better... I didn't make it much past noon the next day (and I dont wake up much before noon either heh) before I was back at the shop demanding they put the Eclipse back in. Eclipse just sounds much cleaner and more professional... if you want loud raw sound alpine is good for that... if u want to listen and enjoy high high SQ music Eclipse is good for that. Eclipse is the way to go. You won't regret it. Plus I learned yesterday they have really good customer service. heh

Last night my local store said the eclipse decks were coming in this week. Today they tell me they wont be in until the 3rd week of may. I want it now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif In fact i wanted it so much that i just put 80$ down on the 4th 8443. I cant believe i am spending this much on a deck when i originally didnt want to spend more than 300$. All i can say is it better be all its hyped up to be but being eclipse i dont have any doubts.

Just for shits and giggles I am going to add this. Ram Air does infact do something. It forces colder and denser air into the engine resulting in more power. And a spoiler does infact help with downforce. Lets just say I am glad I have one on my mustang, it helps keep the car planted at high speeds. And go with the Alpine. I have the panaonic and the Alpine has better functions and a better quality. Alpine will be my next deck.

Originally posted by SPLThunder Last night my local store said the eclipse decks were coming in this week. Today they tell me they wont be in until the 3rd week of may. I want it now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif In fact i wanted it so much that i just put 80$ down on the 4th 8443. I cant believe i am spending this much on a deck when i originally didnt want to spend more than 300$. All i can say is it better be all its hyped up to be but being eclipse i dont have any doubts.
I don't think you will be disappointed. You said you wanted the best sq, I think eclipse sounds better than alpine(and on the forums, it seems that opinion is the majority opinion). If you want more features, buy an alpine, but for better sound quality, I say Eclipse(and the 8443 does have a few features....eq/adjustable Xovers, time alignment). I know the 8443 and 8053(what i am getting...will be my 4th eclipse in 9 plus years) are due the end of May. They will be worth the wait IMO.

Originally posted by mr4pto When I got my eclipse, they let me switch it out of my car with the alpine 7995 for a day and see which I liked better... I didn't make it much past noon the next day (and I dont wake up much before noon either heh) before I was back at the shop demanding they put the Eclipse back in. Eclipse just sounds much cleaner and more professional... if you want loud raw sound alpine is good for that... if u want to listen and enjoy high high SQ music Eclipse is good for that. Eclipse is the way to go. You won't regret it. Plus I learned yesterday they have really good customer service. heh
That is cool that the shop let you do that. I am not surprised by the outcome of your test though:)

Originally posted by jimmyslide Just for shits and giggles I am going to add this. Ram Air does infact do something. It forces colder and denser air into the engine resulting in more power. And a spoiler does infact help with downforce. Lets just say I am glad I have one on my mustang, it helps keep the car planted at high speeds. And go with the Alpine. I have the panaonic and the Alpine has better functions and a better quality. Alpine will be my next deck.
OK off topic but i must. Ram air doesnt do anything. What you car talking about it Cold air induction. I do agree that CAI puts denser air into your cylinders but ram air doesnt "RAM" anything down fast enough to compress the air. Thats why i said ram air and not CAI.

And Again a spoiler. Does create enough downforce on a street car to push it lower. Unless the shocks are extremely easy to suppress. The average speed needed to start forcing a car down using a spoiler the size of a stock mustang would be between 130-150 mph. How oftendo you go that fast?

Yeah

I just picked up my Eclipse 5423 along with a EQ 21010 today.

Had to wait 3 weeks for them to come in and had left a $100 deposite for them.

Can't wait to hear how it sounds......

I think the wait is well worth it......and these new low prices are also awesome for Eclipse.

Originally posted by spyd3r Yeah

I just picked up my Eclipse 5423 along with a EQ 21010 today.

Had to wait 3 weeks for them to come in and had left a $100 deposite for them.

Can't wait to hear how it sounds......

I think the wait is well worth it......and these new low prices are also awesome for Eclipse.
You shouldn't be disappointed. Eclipse decks have never disappointed me.

Hey JLcivic,

How do you like the Eclipse EQ21010?

I just bought one and Im planning on replcing my KQ5 with it.

Think there is a big SQ difference between the KQ5 and the eclipse eq?

And one more thing that only seemed to bother me with the eclispe eq was that it only has a variable Q for the low frequencies and not the mids and highs as my current eq has....any thoughts?

Originally posted by spyd3r Hey JLcivic,

How do you like the Eclipse EQ21010?

I just bought one and Im planning on replcing my KQ5 with it.

Think there is a big SQ difference between the KQ5 and the eclipse eq?

And one more thing that only seemed to bother me with the eclispe eq was that it only has a variable Q for the low frequencies and not the mids and highs as my current eq has....any thoughts?
I had the 2101(just sold it, but it is the same as the 21010 afaik). It is only parametric for the sub frequencies, and graphic for the others. Eclipse makes great stuff. It is a linedriver as well. You are going to have no SQ issues with your deck and eq combo. I am quite certain of that.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey JLCivic do you like your XR 650-CSI's? i just bought some and havent installed. I listened to the VR's in the shop and they were **** nice! so those XR's must really kick ass. what you think?

Originally posted by ryanmach1 hey JLCivic do you like your XR 650-CSI's? i just bought some and havent installed. I listened to the VR's in the shop and they were **** nice! so those XR's must really kick ass. what you think?
I love the XRs. They sound very nice and have a nice midbass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...