Buying an amp

Alright instead of throwing out opinions left and right.. what type of wattage do you think this amp actually puts out at 1 ohm? All people that felt it is over rated please answer this as well. Do you guys think for the money, this is the best brand new amp I can buy? I am trying to avoid used so I don't get any blown amps or anything.

Just wanted to update everyone..

I received the AB 4480.1 in the mail yesterday, Wednesday July 10. It was very well packed, came in a box within a box. The amp is very very small, even smaller than I expected, but is very sleek looking. I have to swap out my big circuit breaker I had in line with the old amp for a smaller fuse for this amp. No one locally sells it unless Walmart has one in the store, or Custom Sounds has one laying around. Otherwise I will probably not get to install the amp until next Thursday when Walmart can do an in store pick up.

Will keep everyone updated.

Just wanted to update everyone..
I received the AB 4480.1 in the mail yesterday, Wednesday July 10. It was very well packed, came in a box within a box. The amp is very very small, even smaller than I expected, but is very sleek looking. I have to swap out my big circuit breaker I had in line with the old amp for a smaller fuse for this amp. No one locally sells it unless Walmart has one in the store, or Custom Sounds has one laying around. Otherwise I will probably not get to install the amp until next Thursday when Walmart can do an in store pick up.

Will keep everyone updated.
pat i have an inline midi fuse and holder i can sell you and ship it tomorrow 3 day mail ,should have it mon or tuesday then .$25 shipped

pat i have an inline midi fuse and holder i can sell you and ship it tomorrow 3 day mail ,should have it mon or tuesday then .$25 shipped
I'll keep it in mind, however I already have an in store pick up from Walmart on Thursday for a $7.00 anl fuse holder, unless I can get it locally from a shop before then.

Just remember, shopping for an amp is like trying to find a girl - you get one you think is gonna work well, but the minute you commit the perfect one is gonna come out and you'll be screwed.

Just remember, shopping for an amp is like trying to find a girl - you get one you think is gonna work well, but the minute you commit the perfect one is gonna come out and you'll be screwed.
lol i think it's like that with all audio products

lol i think it's like that with all audio products
I've never had a problem with anything else...probably because I know exactly what I want when it comes to subs, wire, etc. Amps, I don't have much preference to one over the other, so I just kinda shop.

I have some Wally World ones lol I have an ideas, just get some ring terminals and just put the inline. Cheap and effective.
LOL I tried that, however my 0 gauge terminals were too big so the whole scheme was ineffective, it would of caused a bad connection. Smart thinking though. So now I need an actual fuse holder.

That couldn't be more accurate.

Hey guys,

Wanted to give you an update. I have the beast installed. I am running it at about 11-12 o'clock position on the gain, with my line driver gain at min. (farthest it can go on min.) with my sub all the way up on the head unit (not bass, just sub level), and it gets pretty dang loud. I have turned it up on the line driver a few times and it gets really really loud. So far I haven't pushed it that way many times, because without an oscope or something to clamp it with, I don't want to clip the amp. I will do some more tests with it that loud to make sure I don't hear anything too distorted. Overall though, I am liking the amp. It runs very cool, only day it got too hot to put my hand on after having my hand on there for a few seconds, was when it was 100 degrees. The voltage drop is very minimal as well, where I have it for my daily set up (mentioned in the first sentence) the voltage drop is only 14.4 to 14.2 with the volume at max. (before distortion)

I'd say for the money as long as it keeps holding up, it was well worth it. Definitely puts up a good fight with the Sundown Saz-1500... my buddy had one on two kicker L7 12's and this thing is just as loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.