Buying an amp

Patthehat033
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
Hello,

I am looking to buy an amp. I have been offered many but am having a hard time choosing. Preferably I would like to buy an amp that is new, because it will have a warranty and will not have any use obviously.

My budget is $300.. and wattage needs to be around 2000 @ 1 ohm.

I am interested in the American Bass VFL 4480.1D. Is this a pretty solid amp?

I have been also offered used amps like the Rockford T1500.1.

Any help deciding?

The 4480 is your best bet the rf amp new is about $500 plus shipping
Lol yeah I am very interested in it. I figure since it is new it is probably my best bet, but I would like to get some other opinions if possible. Since you are the seller haha.

Hello,
I am looking to buy an amp. I have been offered many but am having a hard time choosing. Preferably I would like to buy an amp that is new, because it will have a warranty and will not have any use obviously.

My budget is $300.. and wattage needs to be around 2000 @ 1 ohm.

I am interested in the American Bass VFL 4480.1D. Is this a pretty solid amp?

I have been also offered used amps like the Rockford T1500.1.

Any help deciding?
I'd look for a used 120.1 or a AQ 2200. If you really want new look at a ppi bk1800.1 or a MBQuart/Hifonics amp. Stay away from mini amps of any sort

I'd look for a used 120.1 or a AQ 2200. If you really want new look at a ppi bk1800.1 or a MBQuart/Hifonics amp. Stay away from mini amps of any sort
Can you elaborate on why I should stay away from mini amps, please?

I wouldn't touch any maxx sonics amps the onyx amps are ok. But they don't do rated the vfl 4480 has been clamped a few times doing rated and even more. They will run under 1 ohm as well where no Maxxsonics amp will

I'd like to know which manufacturers claim to have a "mini" amp that makes 2kW at 1 ohm. So far it seems this maxes out at around 1kW - 1.2kW with the PPI P1000.1 and its equivalents, and that amp is 13" long.

I sell the PPI BK1800.1D. It's nearly 20" long and 8.25" wide. All my Precision Power products are covered by the factory warranty. The same goes for mylows10 with American Bass.

I wouldn't touch any maxx sonics amps the onyx amps are ok. But they don't do rated the vfl 4480 has been clamped a few times doing rated and even more. They will run under 1 ohm as well where no Maxxsonics amp will
I'd like to know which manufacturers claim to have a "mini" amp that makes 2kW at 1 ohm. So far it seems this maxes out at around 1kW - 1.2kW with the PPI P1000.1 and its equivalents, and that amp is 13" long.
I sell the PPI BK1800.1D. It's nearly 20" long and 8.25" wide. All my Precision Power products are covered by the factory warranty. The same goes for mylows10 with American Bass.
Lol I see you both have different opinions. mylows10, do you have any proof of it being clamped at what it's rated at? I noticed it is a very small amp and fused at 120, which is what scares me a bit.

Lol I see you both have different opinions. mylows10, do you have any proof of it being clamped at what it's rated at? I noticed it is a very small amp and fused at 120, which is what scares me a bit.
I assume you commented like that because the VFL-Hybrid 4480 is a "mini" amp, so I looked it up. It's listed as 13.25" long on a web site I found with a Google search. If it does in fact make a clean 2,000W I'm very impressed.

I assume you commented like that because the VFL-Hybrid 4480 is a "mini" amp, so I looked it up. It's listed as 13.25" long on a web site I found with a Google search. If it does in fact make a clean 2,000W I'm very impressed.
Yes I commented like that because you implied that the amp would not make 2k watts. I don't want to buy an amp that won't do rated, or puts out dirty power at 2000 watts, but I also don't know if that is true about this amp or not.

Can you elaborate on why I should stay away from mini amps, please?
A direct swap between a VFL 4480 and a VFL 120.1 (both rated at 2200 RMS) showed huge gains. That tells me that the mini amp doesn't do rated @ 1 ohm because a difference of a few hundred watts isn't going to be very audible - but the difference there was huge. Same goes for AudioPipe mini amps, etc. As trumpet said, the largest mini amp you'll find is about 1-1.2k. (unless you count MMATs which has up to a 4000w amp in a relatively small case, but good luck affording one unless it's used)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.