Burp box...

Not sure where the name came in, but outlaw measuring has been around for a while, the "big" org that meters door/window open at the kick is USACi.
Buy yourself Dayton DATS and see how close your predicted impedance plot matches reality. Alternately, you're welcome to borrow mine if you pay shipping both ways.
It was not around in my area ("Outlaw") in 1995-1998 although I do remember people sticking the mic in the port then bragging about their "BIG" numbers... but that was just locally (in Tucson)... it may have been around then in other areas tho... LOL!... they were putting the mic on the floor in Tucson then but any result was not "official" and I saw no point to it... I did do it once but the doors were closed and drivers window was down... saw a gain too, but the number I got was "unofficial" so I only did it once... I'll look at the DATS later today, it's used for?...

He is right. Idk why i stated it as such. I remember it being counterintuitive because rise is low but the sub is barely moving at tuning. Ive plotted my rise before. Its 1.03 reactive in my truck at tuning

The numbers weren't there tonight... sounds louder but meters lower... I'll use an aero next time... but the current box is a good daily so I'll leave it alone for awhile...

BjTs6pj.jpg

g4QR2G7.jpg

IqRyE2T.jpg

GJDmcFS.jpg

HmbaKDL.jpg

WitXSdw.jpg

pRN8c8J.jpg

s3tJNoM.jpg

I tuned too low and needed more port area I think... great daily tho... back to testing... eventually...

Are you trying to break 150?
Yeah... in a perfect world I'd like to be at 150 sealed... but I'm OK for now... I can still swap boxes and get over 149 outlaw...

Oh well... I'm not the first guy to run into trouble on the road to 150... LOL!...

It meters higher than the demo box (146.5 @ 35) lower than "Frankenbox" (149.2@ 50)...

Back to the old drawing board eventually... I swear it feels louder but my demo box is the same way...

A full on burp box is the answer with an adjustable 8" aero...

147.8 sealed?
Yeah all but the last 2 were sealed... by then my subs were heating up I'm sure and batteries were somewhat drained... The guy just gave me his laptop to use... I think I figured it out but really IDK... I'll do it again on Wednesday to be sure...

Did you gain anything vs. last time?
No... I lost a Db at least... I tuned too low I think (41 hz)... I guess I was tryin' to combine a daily and SPL box... next time will probably require an aero or 1 BIG azz slot port... well that's failure #1 ... at least I've got a good daily to show for it... it's funny tho... it really sounds louder... I'll re-meter it Wednesday...

Well I gotta' say that it's been a learning experience for sure... I'll keep tryin'... eventually I'll get there... LOL!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.