Burning a DVD Movie

It depends on what you are trying to do. Do you have the VOBs, IFOs and BUPs that equate to > 4.7 GB? If so, then DVDShrink might be for you. I, personally, use clonedvd, but that is not freeware.

Just read some of the guides on doom9.

EDIT: They are also blank DVDs. You can buy 9.4 GB dual layer blank DVDs or 4.7 single layer blank DVDs. dual layer are only supported buy dual layer burners.

It depends on what you are trying to do. Do you have the VOBs, IFOs and BUPs that equate to > 4.7 GB? If so, then DVDShrink might be for you. I, personally, use clonedvd, but that is not freeware.
Just read some of the guides on doom9.

EDIT: They are also blank DVDs. You can buy 9.4 GB dual layer blank DVDs or 4.7 single layer blank DVDs. dual layer are only supported buy dual layer burners.
what do you use 4.7GB blank DVDs or 9.4 blank DVDs?

when you burn dvd movies. do they came out as good as the original dvd movie?

i already burn one on a 4.7GB blank DVD. but the video isn't as good as the original dvd movie

Dual layer media is too expensive. 16x 4.7 GB discs are less than 50 cents a piece. However, going from a 7.2 GB movie and putting it on a 4.7 GB disc is going to yield quality loss. You have to compress it to make it fit. Most people cannot tell the difference so long as the compression is only 70 - 80%. In order to save quality, you can choose to get rid of extras on the disc, extra audio tracks, menus, etc.

You can't expect perfect quality unless you want to burn using 2 DVD-5 (4.7 GB discs) or using a DVD-9 disc (dual layer 9.4 GB disc) because of the compression.

is there a program that can convert my .WMV video files to .VOB, .IFO, .BUP (DVD format) so i can add my own tiltes to the dvds.

You can get almost no loss burning if you get rid of Everything but 5.1 sound and the actual movie, and cut the credits short. I've done it.
What software do you use to do this. I hate compressing movies so I've been using dual layer DVD-Rs for bigger DVDs and would like to find out how to ommit whatever I don't want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.