Bulletproof Glass Enclosure?!?!

well its not actual glass its a a very strong durable plexi/plastic type material, it wont flex at all for sure, i mean it can take bullets lol, also i can mount my sub by drilling the holes then placing screws in the hole after its been drilled.

it the same glass u see in the bank, that thick thick 1" glass

well its not actual glass its a a very strong durable plexi/plastic type material, it wont flex at all for sure, i mean it can take bullets lol, also i can mount my sub by drilling the holes then placing screws in the hole after its been drilled.
it the same glass u see in the bank, that thick thick 1" glass
I wouldn't use screws to mount. I would use T-nuts.

not glass, lexan, thick ass plastic like said aboveshould be sweet

throw a mirror in the back

and some lights n ****
Personally I'd leave out the **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Do you really think you can apply more pressure in mounting a sub than a bullet will hitting it?
The only thing that will happen is it'll even be undamped since you can't bond polycarbonate together like you can wood with wood glue, OR it'll blow apart because you can't bond polycarbonate like you can wood with wood glue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just to let you know, a company already made a servo subwoofer in a plexiglass enclosure. I can't remember who it was (I think it was Paradigm, but I'm not positive).

Just to let you know, a company already made a servo subwoofer in a plexiglass enclosure. I can't remember who it was (I think it was Paradigm, but I'm not positive).
Gately Audio does plexi/lexan enclosures as well. They're purdy.....

The only thing that will happen is it'll even be undamped since you can't bond polycarbonate together like you can wood with wood glue, OR it'll blow apart because you can't bond polycarbonate like you can wood with wood glue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Reading comprehension man. I didn't say anything about the sub pressurizing the inside. He is talking about the matrial cracking when mounting it(screwing it down). WTF does gluing it have to do with the mounting of the sub?

Reading comprehension man. I didn't say anything about the sub pressurizing the inside. He is talking about the matrial cracking when mounting it(screwing it down). WTF does gluing it have to do with the mounting of the sub?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif Sorry, I failed 5th graid.

Bonding

Polycarbonate can be mechanically bonded by standard methods. It can also be cemented by using a solvent such as methylene chloride or adhesives such as epoxy, urethane and silicone. Polycarbonate and also be ultrasonically or vibrationally welded.

Check this out too:http://www.loctite.com/int_henkel/loctite_us/index.cfm?pageid=325&layout=2

As for mountiong the sub, a polished aluminum ring, same diameter as the speaker of course, about a 1/4 inch thick with holes threaded would be real nice. The ring would spread the load around the entire speaker. I wish I had a bunch of the 1" poly myself, now that I think about it. Good luck:crazy:

With the right stuff and know-how the seams of the box could be pretty dam much invisible. It would be one hell of a project though. I would practice on some small scrap peices first, because I'm sure it will take a few swings before you hit a homer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.