Bulbs in passive crossovers ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah i've got the same set of globes on my rs6 resolution splits crossover, same deal as the ss series kickers crossovers also have them.

dunno y but

Well, I think you got a good answer over on DIYMA by reading the thread about it. Basically the bulb will absorb extra power, as it heats up more and glows more the resistance will rise more absorbing even more power. You can still blow the tweeters but this will make it much harder.

are you 100% sure ? what is it there for ?
it is there to help obsorb DC current caused by clipping and to put some resistance on the line so you don't extremely over power the tweeter. it helps protect the tweeter but does not prevent them from being blown.

it is there to help obsorb DC current caused by clipping and to put some resistance on the line so you don't extremely over power the tweeter. it helps protect the tweeter but does not prevent them from being blown.
Clipping does not make DC, it is still AC, it just becomes very close to a square wave, but in no way is it DC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.