Another SQ thread

dooftard

I'm trying to do some research before I head down to the audio shop this way it will save "the man" some time and I can price up how much its going to cost.

My main deal right is getting my car fitted with a component system. Two brands come to mind in this area: Image Dynamics, and Rainbow.

My headunit is an alpine 9887 and I'm driving a cadillac deville. I believe the two fronts are 5 1/4 and the back is 6 1/2. I plan on replacing all the door speakers along with the back shelf and putting an amp in there to power them all.

Right now I currently have $1,100 to spare, but I'd rather not spend it all cause I'm also trying to set up two subs in the back directly after this.

What amp should I power these speakers with? Arc Audio any good?

Spend the money on a front stage. Look at brands like Morel, Dynaudio, Dls, Focal, Rainbow, ID, Hertz, Seas, etc... You can save quite a few bucks buying a used set. If you can make 6.5" comps work in front, you'll have a better midbass than 5.25". Better yet, go with one of the 8" midbass sets up front, or look at some of the 3 way sets. You can find a good used high quality component set under $400 rather easily if you take your time. If you really want rear fill, just run a decent co-axial powered of the HU (but you'll probably fade it to the front 95% of the time anyway).

A far as amps go, again look for good mid/high end amps. Some brands that come to mind are Arc Audio, DLS, Audison, McIntosh, JL Audio, US Amps, Alpine, Brax, Helix, Genesis, Sinfoni, etc... To simplify things, you could run a 3/4/5 channel amp and power both the sub and front stage off the same amp.

If you're going for strictly SQ, there's usually no need for more than one sub. A few popular "SQ" subs are ID IDQ series, JL W6 series, DLS Ultimate subs, CDT subs, Focal 27/33KX, etc...

If you would take these speakers....

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7164/Iridium-62i--DLS-65"-2Way-Component-System.htm

This Amp...

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7000/A5--DLS-Ultimate-3-Channel-500-Watt-Amplifier.htm

And this sub...

http://www.woofersetc.com/p2034/IDQ12V2D2--Image-Dynamics-12"-IDQ-Dual-2-Ohm-Subwoofer.htm

You'd have a darn good sounding vehicle with all new components (not authorized though) for just under $1200. All the items I linked to can be found cheaper on ebay or used (browse the classified sections), I was just giving you some examples.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.