Built my first box today and it's ported

dual alts definitely isn't a first...and you don't even need 2 alts anyways with the power you're running. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Google blazer and dual alternators and let me know what you can come up with. You tell my headlights and volt meter that I don't need any more power. This is no different than running a 200 amp alternator except I did it at 1/5th of the cost.

Google blazer and dual alternators and let me know what you can come up with. You tell my headlights and volt meter that I don't need any more power. This is no different than running a 200 amp alternator except I did it at 1/5th of the cost.
i would venture to say you have another problem. either that or you think a tiny bit of voltage drop is too much.

i run a kicker 2500.1 (birthsheet close to 3kw) off a 220A alt and 1 battery underhood. if i can get away with 3kw off 220A of power, you should be able to get away with 1kw off about 90A of alternator power. i definitely agree you shouldnt need dual alts (not that it will hurt, im just saying).

id be interested to see what kind of voltage you drop to. got any info?

im not trying to be a dick im just saying, needing dual alts for 1000w of power is hinting at a different problem, especially considering this is a daily setup which will see music which pulls a LOT less current and is dynamic.

did you do the big three? checked all grounds? ran grounds to battery negative if no adequate grounds were found in the rear of the vehicle?

i would venture to say you have another problem. either that or you think a tiny bit of voltage drop is too much.
i run a kicker 2500.1 (birthsheet close to 3kw) off a 220A alt and 1 battery underhood. if i can get away with 3kw off 220A of power, you should be able to get away with 1kw off about 90A of alternator power. i definitely agree you shouldnt need dual alts (not that it will hurt, im just saying).

im not trying to be a dick im just saying, needing dual alts for 1000w of power is hinting at a different problem, especially considering this is a daily setup which will see music which pulls a LOT less current and is dynamic.

did you do the big three? checked all grounds? ran grounds to battery negative if no adequate grounds were found in the rear of the vehicle?
X2 on all that^^^ BUT, that's a different topic for a different thread......VERY NICE ENCLOSURE for a first time enclosure build!! Impressive I must say. When I saw the pics, I knew for a FACT that you were no stranger to wood working! I come from a family of carpenters/woodworkers so I know quality when I see it and that, my friend is good wood working!

V.

The big three has been done for a while now with 2awg power and 4awg grounds. Before at idle the voltage would dip way down into the 11's (11.15) and while cruising it would go down as low as 12.2 and hang out there. This is at ~75% of it's potential volume level. I'm also running an Optima red top. I also have other items on the truck as well like an air compressor for my horns. Now at idle it might dip into the 12s but most of the time it is low 13s. I am in no way disappointed with the results of what $75 got me.

thats is a very nice enclosure even for most veterans. so props to you bro. nice looking truck also. love the overall look of it.

keep up the good work on it, you putting to shame allot of the guys that pimp their rides like that.

sick ride bro.

laters

X2 on all that^^^ BUT, that's a different topic for a different thread......VERY NICE ENCLOSURE for a first time enclosure build!! Impressive I must say. When I saw the pics, I knew for a FACT that you were no stranger to wood working! I come from a family of carpenters/woodworkers so I know quality when I see it and that, my friend is good wood working!
V.
most definitely. one of the nicest builds i have seen. even with access to tools like the original poster, i am sure i could not replicate that type of work.

pmpmstrb: do those amps have regulated power supplies? that would make it much less efficient which could be the reason for such huge drops.

pmpmstrb: do those amps have regulated power supplies? that would make it much less efficient which could be the reason for such huge drops.
Yes they do. They have the same wattage regardless of impedance (1.5-4ohms) and voltage (11-14.5v). I have seen others say that they require a lot of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pmpmstrb

10+ year member
pmpmstrb
indy
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from