Built my first box today and it's ported

thats not a box, its art.
no-one rabbits joints like that,

flush cuts screws and glue only ever.

one of the best builds ive ever seen.

1st box maybe,

not your first time with carpentry tho right ?
I agree. Might be your first box but you've fondled wood before. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Excellent quality.

Definitely not the first time with carpentry. We build custom cabinets and furniture among other things. This was the easiest thing I've done in a while.
you can make some money selling boxes here. lots of people will pay $200+ for a good box.

I've always been hesitant to do the "multiple turns" in a port. Normally I'll just do the first one in the corner and go across the back of the box, in order to keep the airflow smooth. Has anyone noticed any difference between having just one 90* turn in a port vs. having 3-4 180* turns?

I heard that the turns cause resistance and will lower tuning for a given port length. I used the multiple 180 degree method on my last box and I like it. No port noise but of you stick your hand in the port the airflow isn't constant if you move your hand around if that makes sense.

ANYWAYS... very nice box!! You should do up a tutorial on how you assembled it.

Got it carpeted today.

carpet1.jpg

carpet2.jpg

carpet3.jpg

carpet4.jpg

And here is what it is going in.

blazer6.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.