Building the Dream, Behind the scenes of JML Audio of St. Louis

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Your ego is really huge! I'll keep a fair distance from you. I'm not interested in a competitive system just one that sound good. I had an all Alpine system installed equipment and all form a top level install place in St louis but the owner died and it was a sole proprietorship so the shop died with the owner. Hi Fi Fo Fum St Louis it was called.
I just didn't expect the level of rejection just because I bought my own equipment, it's insane! I'd pay a premium price for an install only but shops like JML won't even talk to me, so screw 'em! They get NONE of my money!

Lot of huge egos in car audio! :-( I could outbuild you all of I had unlimited funds and wanted to. Like race cars, speed cost money, how fast can you afford to go?

John Kuthe...
Why not try walking into your favorite restaurant with a raw steak some potatoes, a few ears of corn, some lard, flour and buttermilk and tell them you want them to cook your steak, serve it up with a baked potato and whip you up some buttermilk biscuits on the side? You can tell them if they served the cut of steak you liked or used only Idaho potatoes and served corn instead of greens you'd buy theirs but they don't so you demand they prepare yours that you bought elsewhere.

Again, there's many legitimate reasons that shop might not want to install equipment they don't sell (for which they're not authorized sellers/installers) not least of which being liability and certainly including profit motive, why else would they bother waking up in the morning and going to work to deal with arseholes like you all day if not for the paycheck?

Better yet, here in the land of the FREE you're completely free to open up your own shop, fill it with tools and inventory, hire and retain competent help, and install whatever you like whether you sell it or not. You could even go as far as to serve coffee there and have a small internet cafe where customers can order their stuff online that they're going to demand that you install (and warranty). I'm sure that business would just take off and you'd put those other guys out of work in a jiffy.

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 9, 2016
Missouri
Why not try walking into your favorite restaurant with a raw steak some potatoes, a few ears of corn, some lard, flour and buttermilk and tell them you want them to cook your steak, serve it up with a baked potato and whip you up some buttermilk biscuits on the side? You can tell them if they served the cut of steak you liked or used only Idaho potatoes and served corn instead of greens you'd buy theirs but they don't so you demand they prepare yours that you bought elsewhere.
Again, there's many legitimate reasons that shop might not want to install equipment they don't sell (for which they're not authorized sellers/installers) not least of which being liability and certainly including profit motive, why else would they bother waking up in the morning and going to work to deal with arseholes like you all day if not for the paycheck?

Better yet, here in the land of the FREE you're completely free to open up your own shop, fill it with tools and inventory, hire and retain competent help, and install whatever you like whether you sell it or not. You could even go as far as to serve coffee there and have a small internet cafe where customers can order their stuff online that they're going to demand that you install (and warranty). I'm sure that business would just take off and you'd put those other guys out of work in a jiffy.
Food service is very different that car audio. I worked in food service and have my Food Service Sanitation certificate, or did back in the 1980's.

And as I said, I understand the way businesses work! And I know all the reasons why a car audio installation shop might not want to install my prepurchased gear, which is why I'm going with a private contractor audio installer guy who will work WITH me!! He just ordered a bunch of stuff for this install after I gave him a down payment on the job:

Looks like he knows what he's doing!! And I was out at his place yesterday as he and another guy were working on a big ole bass reflex cabinet for another job he's doing made out of 7 ply birch wood, his preferred subwoofer enclosure material.

This is gonna be COOL! :)

John Kuthe...

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 9, 2016
Missouri
please re-post the receipt without covering up your real name
That was my installer guy's name and address, I'm protecting HIS identity! I have and demonstrate common courtesy like that!

John Kuthe...

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
[quote name='JohnKuthe']I worked in food service and have my Food Service Sanitation certificate, or did back in the 1980's.
[/QUOTE]

i think this is @papermakers dad

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Food service is very different that car audio. .
That analogy isn't far off though. If he uses your unknown equipment from unknown source of unknown quality he is going to be on the hook for the results be it his fault or the "bad ingredients" going in. Also if you bring in something that he deems inferior now his name is being associated with what he feels is an inferior product.

Sticking to what he knows and dealing solely with companies with whom he has a relationship protects him on both ends AND allows him to offer full warranty because he is an authorized seller and retailer. If you saved a buck by buying Alpine online good luck with that warranty. I was talking to a friend this week (an old timer in the industry) who said that Alpine is very tight about who sells online.

Look, this forum is full of guys that buy online, buy used, bargain hunt, and DIY, we don't have a problem with that, but from where I'm sitting that shop seems really nice (I'd literally kill someone to own that woodshop), their work looks impeccable, and I suspect they sell premium brands. There's not a lot of room to run them down because they don't want to deal with online know-it-alls bringing them a hodge podge of equipment demanding they install it then returning once a week when they break things.

Papermaker85

Banned
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
[quote name='wew lad']

i think this is @papermakers dad[/QUOTE]

I see the relationship here. You are still retarted and your trying to bond with other retards. It's OK. We still love you.

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
I see the relationship here. You are still retarted and your trying to bond with other retards. It's OK. We still love you.
so at first i thought you didnt know how to spell retarded, then you went and wrote it correctly so im just confused whats really going on in that brain of yours

SocMunky

What happened in here?
10+ year member
Nov 18, 2006
Crunktimes
Another Anon Ahole with NO REAL NAME!!
Does your mother know you post crap like that? :-(

John Kuthe...
EDIT: NM, its like arguing with an autistic kid with bad hearing.

SocMunky

What happened in here?
10+ year member
Nov 18, 2006
Crunktimes
I was on the Internet before there was a WWW and I used to post anonymously until I saw when Stevert Case mailed a free AOL CD to anything with a pulse and SAW how unaccountable anonymous postings did the Internet and I started using my real name and still do!
John Kuthe....
Yeah, that philosophy was a real game changer huh?

SocMunky

What happened in here?
10+ year member
Nov 18, 2006
Crunktimes
I learned the best way to get people's attention years ago on the Internet before there was a WWW. I drove an old air cooled VW Beetle and was thinking any getting dual carburetors for ***;s engine, So I went to a Usenewt Newsgroup about VWs and asked a polite question about dual carburetors and got almost NO response! So I decided to take a different approach and posted again entitield "Dual carburetors ****!" and in the message said "Aha! Now that I have your attention..." and got a lot more response!
You people are easy! ;-) So in a sense yes I'm a troll for attention! ;-)

John Kuthe...
rec.autos.vw.aircooled or something like that wasn't it? Yes, I also frequented that newsgroup quite a bit. This association makes me sad.

CSCStang

Enclosurist
Mar 24, 2014
OC, Ca
been following all the posts and must say, its been entertaining and there have been lots of WTF? posts.
is there anything he hasnt done?
Yeah, she's never installed her own gear but trolls this forum like she's an expert...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 9, 2016
Missouri
rec.autos.vw.aircooled or something like that wasn't it? Yes, I also frequented that newsgroup quite a bit. This association makes me sad.
Yep, rec.autos,makers.VW.aircooled more precisely. Circa 1993ish before there was a widespread WWW (the WWW was just being invented while I was in engineering school) So you frequented to RAMVA too? Ah, those were the daze, eh?

Ever hang around alt.tasteless? That's where I really cut my Internet teeth! Remember the flame war between AT and rec.pets.cats? That was just before I started virtually hanging around the Internet.

John Kuthe...

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 9, 2016
Missouri
Yeah, she's never installed her own gear but trolls this forum like she's an expert...
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Talking about me when you say "she"? BTW I faked or deleted most all my personal info from my Facebook account, including my Facebook "gender"! It's called DISinformation.

John Kuthe...

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
Talking about me when you say "she"? BTW I faked or deleted most all my personal info from my Facebook account, including my Facebook "gender"! It's called DISinformation.
John Kuthe...
you must think you know a lot about the internet...

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 9, 2016
Missouri
you must think you know a lot about the internet...
I DO know a bit about The Internet. I mean, after all, I'm a "computer engineer" by degrees even though I do not work professionally in that field anymore.

John Kuthe...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds