Building new system with Old School amps. Need suggestions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Woody98

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey, I'm new to the forum and was looking for some help. Hopefully I am posting this in the correct category.  I have a 2013 GMC crew cab that I'd like to add a new system to. I have 3 US Amps that I bought new, but haven't used for quite some time. I'd like to use them but not quite sure of the combination. I have an Xterminator 100x, 4300x and a USA 300. My intention is to use factory speaker locations as well as build a box for under the rear seat. Not set on sub/subs size/brand. I'm looking for great,clear sound with good midbass,but not too bright of tweeters due to the A pillar location. As for the subs, I want accurate bass that hits low if needed. I'm too old to be a bass head anymore, but it still like them to hit and be musical. Thank you for any help. I know I can use a single 5 or six channel new amp but the US Amps are readily available. 

If it were me/my truck.. Id rip all that Stock stereo out and go all after market to make it go in much easier as well as hassle free.get my Supply for the demand in tact and never have to worry about not having enough power for the demand.Do some deadening on the doors and some of the flooring, to get rid of road noise and looking for raw drivers to get some really nice sound within the cabin.Gut out some space like getting rid of the jack storage compartment to gain space for a good ported enclosure for at least a good 10 like a Dayton HO.What kind of budget are you working with? Id run those US Amps before buying any new amplifier.I like run old school amps myself and do where I can, especially on mids and highs.. love that 0.01% THD. Not Class D amps but those old A/B amps sure are pretty dependable.And sound good as well.A scroll fan or fans helps keep them running cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
vifa XT 25 tweeters, silverflute 6.5 midbass. Dayton HO subwoofer.  An active network capable head unit.

use the 2 channel for tweeters, bridge your 4 channel to the midbass (it needs it) then the 300 for subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.