Building in trunk?

last one I did was 2 15's in a G6....prebuilt it outside the vehicle with no glue, then reassembled in the trunk. Was a PITA but most in trunk builds are....
^^^^ what he said ^^^ what's up bro?

If i ever did a full spl trunk build. Id probably go talk to a boat building/repair shop and ask them how much they'd charge me to spray fiberglass on the trunk walls after taking out all the panels. Ive always seen boxes built in trunks but for weight and uniqueness factors, a front baffle into the cabin made of 1'' mdf and the rest of the trunk made into a perfectly formed box. That'd be pretty cool.

I like the thought of this but I wouldn't want to just for the reason being I want to be able to trade this car in in a few years. Lol and I also would like to retain my rear seats which do not fold down.

I wanted to port through the arm rest because I feel like that'd be the most convienent way of porting into the Cabin without cutting metal.

How would this work with the trunk latch though? That's my only other concern because I have no way of opening the trunk without the electrical button for my trunk to open and this gives me the feeling that I'll be putting a hell of a lot of pressure on it. It's a nice idea though..... maybe if I can find a cheap honda on Craigslist to give it a shot with ?

I'd say it came out pretty well. Need my new alt and a bigger amp to see what she's really got in her, and a lot of testing different ports.
IMG_20161127_195715.jpg
Now that does look pretty wicked. How does it sound? I feel like sealing off both back and front waves would cause cancellation no?

last one I did was 2 15's in a G6....prebuilt it outside the vehicle with no glue, then reassembled in the trunk. Was a PITA but most in trunk builds are....
I'm just un decided on how to do my baffle and port. I bet that pounded tooshy tho

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

If you're firing through the equivalent of an armrest, you're better off doing a 4th or 6th if you can.
How would I know if my speaker would perform well in a band pass? I like the thought of that

I like the thought of this but I wouldn't want to just for the reason being I want to be able to trade this car in in a few years. Lol and I also would like to retain my rear seats which do not fold down. I wanted to port through the arm rest because I feel like that'd be the most convienent way of porting into the Cabin without cutting metal.

How would this work with the trunk latch though? That's my only other concern because I have no way of opening the trunk without the electrical button for my trunk to open and this gives me the feeling that I'll be putting a hell of a lot of pressure on it. It's a nice idea though..... maybe if I can find a cheap honda on Craigslist to give it a shot with ?
You'd more than likely have to take out the torsion bars and build a small box(like with cardboard) around the actual latch as well as the bars that move when you open the trunk. The vertical movement ones. Its just more of a neat idea than anything.

Trunk cars are already a Pos to deal with bass wise. Without seats folding down. Your basically left with a strongly deadened and reinforced IB install using the back deck.

4th/6th is cool and all but **** difficult to get right and I doubt you (or I) have the knowledge to make one right.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

okay so I worked out what kinda space I have and I need opinions. I can do 35w 15h 32d. I obviously don't have enough space for the sub to fire horizontally so what should I do? this would be a hell of a lot easier if I had some 12s lol

You didn't look very hard...
X REV1 SERIES
didn't think to hit discontinued. how would building an enclosure in trunk go, while firing up?

Might have someone interested in buying locally so ill probably just end up with a Q Neo 15. But I'm curious if anyones ever done a trunk wall, firing up, and sealing off behind the woofer in that way?

didn't think to hit discontinued. how would building an enclosure in trunk go, while firing up?Might have someone interested in buying locally so ill probably just end up with a Q Neo 15. But I'm curious if anyones ever done a trunk wall, firing up, and sealing off behind the woofer in that way?
Sure why not. Just remember. You're limited in bass by how much air you are letting get to the cabin, sure you can fire it up and seal off the rest but you're limited by the little air that is getting through the back deck. basically you are trying to do an spl build in a trunk which is **** difficult, with seats that down fold down and its all pushing a boulder uphill. Start cutting metal or figure out how to fold your seats down. Hell, you could even rig up something to make them fold down.

If you just want bass for your system, get subs that fit in the back deck already and be done with it.

didn't think to hit discontinued. how would building an enclosure in trunk go, while firing up?Might have someone interested in buying locally so ill probably just end up with a Q Neo 15. But I'm curious if anyones ever done a trunk wall, firing up, and sealing off behind the woofer in that way?
You keep questioning the same thing over and over again. Why not sell the sub and go with a few smaller ones, keep it simple...and build a ported box, fire thru rear deck. Unless you want the frustrated headache and wasted time on trying to accomplish something that sounds like you've never done before.

These guys here have done trunks builds....if they say it can be done but is abitch, then I'd trust them. if John Kuthe mentions anything about it, ignore him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.