building ht sub questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Neostar63
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I have had this plate amp laying around and now that I am graduated I have some time on my hands. I am going to build a sub for my ht, but I have some questions.

Sealed or Ported?

If ported, what frequency should I tune to (I know lower is better for ht)?

I have about 200W at 4 Ohms with the plate amp I have, what sub do you recommend ($150 max)?

Front firing, down firing, and port placement on all of those if ported

I know its a large number of factors to consider, but I figured you guys would be able to help. Thanks in advance.

http://www.tcsounds.com/tc1000.htm

and go ported if space allows tuned to about 15 hertz. My box is gonna be front firing with the ports on the same side as the sub. Pretty much you can downfire if you like, its all personal preference. and lots of bracing lots of it, I am guessing my box is gonna eat up 3 sheets of mdf so it should be around 200lbs before the driver or amp. That sub with the power you got or if you add say a 500 watt plate amp in the future will rock the house like a 1k sub if you design the box right.

PS. If you like the sub jump on it FAST! prices are going up in about 2 weeks or a little less and they are going out of stock on allot of things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.