Build time on SSA subs

It's well worth the wait, trust me. Love my XCON and I'm already thinking about down sizing to a 12 ICON.

That is sweet to hear. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Imo ssa subs are the best loud subs that maintain good sq characteristics.

I dont remember hearing an ssa substage and being dissapointed

So I have good news and bad news. The good news my subs came in today. The bad news they're dual 2 ohms(also they didn't send me the free shirt they promised). Maybe it's my fault, about two weeks ago I checked out my order details and noticed that it said 2 D2 ICON 12s. I called the customer service to see if I could get them switched to D1 coils. The guy I talked to said no problem, and told me that he put a note on the build sheet that they need to be D1s. But I just checked them and there both D2 coils

[quote name='Amore145']So I have good news and bad news. The good news my subs came in today. The bad news they're dual 2 ohms(also they didn't send me the free shirt they promised). Maybe it's my fault, about two weeks ago I checked out my order details and noticed that it said 2 D2 ICON 12s. I called the customer service to see if I could get them switched to D1 coils. The guy I talked to said no problem, and told me that he put a note on the build sheet that they need to be D1s. But I just checked them and there both D2 coils[/QUOTE]

Looks like @denim is online right now. Did you order the right/correct coil impedance from the beginning?

I could have sworn I made sure to have D1 coils, but even that being said the guy I talked to said he thought it wouldn't be an issue. I'm going to be running an IA 20.1 and I don't wanna have to run it at .5 ohms. I'm just a little bit miffed.

All I have is the receipt/payment confirmation email. It says what I ordered, but I didn't think I needed to review my order. So I didn't open it right away but once I did I called to make sure it would D1 coils

All I have is the receipt/payment confirmation email. It says what I ordered, but I didn't think I needed to review my order. So I didn't open it right away but once I did I called to make sure it would D1 coils
WTF?? That's why it says to review it before you submit it. To look it over make sure you got what you need :facepalm:

Yea if your amp and electrical can handle it, you have nothing to worry about. run it at .5! After box rise, you will for sure be rising to 1 ohm. If anything this is a blessing in disguise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.