Build me a system!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lowflyin
10+ year member

Sit on my face, B*tch
FU JOSE, PA
I have 1000 to spend for a system.(wires, box, sub, amp, front)

I was originally thinking either a HDC318 or a custom 18 from SPLAUDIO on a Ap30001d or ap18001d.

I want an 18 for sure though because I'm building this for a daily ground pounder, doesn't need to meter well and i will prolly tune it around 28-32 hz.

All of this is going in an extended cab s10/sonoma. Any reccomendations?

sounds like u have a good plan for that amount of money. you have power wire? extra battery? have you dont the big 3?

i would do sub foward and port to the side al below the window line. have RAM_Designs hook you up with a design, very nice guy

No power wire, if I go with the 1800 amp it only accepts 4 guage so that would be a lot cheaper plus the cost of the amp is 100 less than the 30001d. If I go with the 30001d I will need 1/0 which is a lot more than 4 guage so I'm not sure where to go from there. Would it be worth getting the 3000 or will the 1800 be plenty? I pretty much just want something that sounds decent, gets louder than my 2 cvr 15s i had, and demos well.

optima red top under the hood and going to do the big 3 in 1/0.

With 1800 watts, will a H/o alt be necessary, what alternator comes stock in a s10/sonoma 4.3 v6?

and rams designs are only a buck arent they? if so i will do that for sure

EDIT:

No blow through and I am pretty set on a single sub set up, pretty set on an 18 also...

EDIT: X2

Was also thinking of going 4th order with an 18, not sure if ill have the space though....

no, bucks designs are only a buck, lol... but he does good work. so does ram, and pro rabbit.

as far as the amp, it really depends on the sub you choose, and so does the wiring

$279 for the 18HDC318 Copper Coil Subwoofer

amp $429

AQ2200D Amplifier

then 200 bucks for a solid extra battery (i have some //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

that leaves about 100 for materials for the box

Ya but what about wiress.... The 200$ I save by getting an AP will pay for them unfortunately.. I do want an aq2200 though.

I figure i will run it like that with an AP and then when i get enough ill buy the AQ and sell the AP..

what year s10,i also have a s10 mines the loudest street truck [no wall or cut thru] with 2 batts i can tell you almost any thing about s 10s.also i may have an alt for you

I would get a new 18 but not a new amp, the prices are crazy. Either get a used AQ or get an AP, you will save quite a bit
i wouldnt get new anything because of prices but some ppl are differant, i offered up new because some of the newbies are scared of used but to each is own lol. OP you can get a AP 3000.1 for 300 on ebay. do that rather than the 1800. with the big 3 and a redtop, u can buy a nice sprinter batttery off me and it will set you on power for sure! PM me if ya want any help or ideas on the build

i wouldnt get new anything because of prices but some ppl are differant, i offered up new because some of the newbies are scared of used but to each is own lol. OP you can get a AP 3000.1 for 300 on ebay. do that rather than the 1800. with the big 3 and a redtop, u can buy a nice sprinter batttery off me and it will set you on power for sure! PM me if ya want any help or ideas on the build
Alternatively you can get 2 AP1500's for like $270 which is cheaper than the AP3k and gives you some more wiring options too

i agree with you .i'd get a used aq over a new ap anyday.just a way better amp in my opinion

Alternatively you can get 2 AP1500's for like $270 which is cheaper than the AP3k and gives you some more wiring options too
I thought this also until someone brought up distro block, rcas and all that and I figure after that the ap3k is cheaper...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.