Build Log for a 96 F-250

on1wheel01
10+ year member

Bang A Lang
Well I am about to start building a set up for a guy at work. The vehicle is a 96 f-250 diesel extended cab, has a 4" lift and 22" rims(yea not my style but hey not my truck either). The amp is looking like it will be a saz1500. I am going to be doing a under seat box so space is pretty limited. So I have convinced him to go with 8's. Either we will be doing 2 DD 1508's or 3-4 Sundown E8's. I am leaning towards the E8's for price reason, and it would be nice to do all sundown equip. I will be designing the box in a few days( I may end up getting someone to design it for me just to make sure it is right). Will be posting pics of progress should be a interesting build.

Will it look like THIS?!

0721091912.jpg

0721091912a.jpg

0802091804.jpg

very similar yes nice box. But diff since it is the older model. He wants to be able to have his seats down so i think im gonna fire them forward and port the same to passenger side. He is going to raise his seat up 4" or so. They sell the brackets to do so but he is gonna have them made.

very similar yes nice box. But diff since it is the older model. He wants to be able to have his seats down so i think im gonna fire them forward and port the same to passenger side. He is going to raise his seat up 4" or so. They sell the brackets to do so but he is gonna have them made.
You have no idea how much raising the seats is going to help in the long run. I can still easily put my seats down (that's what the loading wall is for) but I had to maximize every parameter to get the enclosure volume I have and to even have a port. I was really restricted with what I could do under the seats. I'm thinking about doing another similar build but sealed with 2 1508s or x8s.

0802091803.jpg

well they go on here for around 65+ shipping. I am tryin to get hook up on em local for around 50 a piece. The dd's go for about 150 a piece. So I figured 4 e8's would be cheaper and would also slam, 4 of em would drop down to 1 ohm and be good to go.

nice box man, well his is a extended cab so more room. and im buildin him a box on the cheap so im not willing to do a complicated one as im not gettin paid for complicated lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.