Build Help! Newbie in need of the PROS advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

gti-Jenny

good day all!

I have made myself slightly crazy reading forums for the past 3 months straight.

I'm about to start my build and could really use some quality advice.

Goal: Sound Quality

Car: 2011 VW GTI

Current Set-up ideas:

1. Focal K2 Componets Front Stage

2. Focal K2 coaxials Rear ( tweeter fires into seat, thinking coaxials to aim tweet)

3. Morel Ultimo 12

4. Arc Audio SE Amps

5. Head Unit not sure, have double din area to fill but not sure if any are going to give me SQ.

6. Cap needed?

my concerns are that in Ohio I have been unable to audition any of the items listed above.

this will be almost a $5000 build and am starting to get nervous because I'm souly going on specs and reviews. any input would be greatly appreciated.

Granted I would prefer $5,000 not to be what I spend if I don't have to, but is doable as long as I can get advice that it should sound good. I guess what I'm looking for out of this post is for people who have auditioned anything I've listed above and can give me there opinion.

My biggest concern is that until about 2010 Morel was raved about for being "one of the best SQ subs". Now today I'm having a hard time finding info on them. I would be ordering the Morel from WoofersEtc for$849.00. Money is not really the issue here, I have saved up this amount to give myself pure audio enjoyment.

I have not had a system in my car since I bought the Gti last May. Plus the system I had before was in my car for 10 years. I'm a little out of the loop on what is out there now. plus everything around here is JL JL JL. Looking for more hi-fi.

I currently still have my mono-block JL 1000/1, which is what I was going to pair with the Morel, but my concern is efficiency. Neither are very.

Looking for quality professional install that respects my vehicle and my build.

I'm from central Ohio and can't seem to find a hi-fi dealer that makes me comfortable to tear my car apart.

well jenny every component you mentioned are very nice in their own right .thats why they cost so much ,are there better or just as good ,yes ,for the same cost wise or less ? again yes .the arc se amps are very sweet and so are the focals .with this type of system i'd get the arc ps8 processor also and go active with the system ,will sound way better .also i didnt see and budget for wiring or extra batteries ? you may want to consider this as well.just dont want to much drain on your car electrical system.the morel sub is a great sub,you'll love it ,the focals sound really sweet as well ,a bit pricey tho ,look at the phd line ,jl amps ,personally i dont like them at all ,very power hungry for what they are rated at .stick with the arc .some of the vendors here may be able to sell some of the equipment you want and get you a better price btw.

Extra batteries?

I ran 1300 watts before and just had a cap and optima battery.

The installer I did speak with mentioned nothing of this.

I also want to make it known a gti is a hatchback, Ive never owned or heard a system in one. Am I going over kill?

Extra batteries? I ran 1300 watts before and just had a cap and optima battery.

The installer I did speak with mentioned nothing of this.

I also want to make it known a gti is a hatchback, Ive never owned or heard a system in one. Am I going over kill?
no you will be fine ,the hatch backs do get louder tho ,which is a plus ,anyway ,no cap ,they are useless,do the big 3 instead ,works better.and depending on your total power will determine if you need extra batts ,but at least get a1 good one for under the hood

no you will be fine ,the hatch backs do get louder tho ,which is a plus ,anyway ,no cap ,they are useless,do the big 3 instead ,works better.and depending on your total power will determine if you need extra batts ,but at least get a1 good one for under the hood[/QUOTwhich
I need the car/trunk to still have space.

see this is where I need help, not sure space allows for extra batteries. plus not sure if many are familiar with newer VW's but there batteries are a little obscur.

no you will be fine ,the hatch backs do get louder tho ,which is a plus ,anyway ,no cap ,they are useless,do the big 3 instead ,works better.and depending on your total power will determine if you need extra batts ,but at least get a1 good one for under the hood[/QUOTwhich
I need the car/trunk to still have space.

see this is where I need help, not sure space allows for extra batteries. plus not sure if many are familiar with newer VW's but there batteries are a little obscur.
all you need one good ones under the hood

I have a 130amp alt, 75ah batt, and big 3 done on 1000 watts and absolutely no dimming at all just to put things in perspective electrical wise. Plus my wiring has to travel all 30000ft to the trunk of my Grand Marquis, things a **** boat.

If you are looking for pure, real SQ lose the rear coax. You wont see rear fill in top SQ setups. You dont want those freq behind you, you want the stage to sit on the center dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.