Build Advice for Nexus 7 in Dodge Nitro

Participant count
  • Participant list
I probably won't put my amps in there, since part of the reason I got this vehicle is for the utility of it. I still need to figure out where to get my dash modified though. I spoke with a local shop and they ballparked me higher than it would be to ship it to Soundman Car Audio, and they have never done a tablet install. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Yeah that's ******. My guy said he doesn't have the time otherwise he would personally. What was the turnaround time from sound man? $1200 I'd expect less than a week!

Yeah that's ******. My guy said he doesn't have the time otherwise he would personally. What was the turnaround time from sound man? $1200 I'd expect less than a week!
6-8 weeks according to their website.

Anyway, I have a new idea. Check this out:

Android Tablet In-Car Sliding Dock using hacked DVD drive

Used a gutted CD-ROM drive.

This one is really nice:

Adapting the Nexus 7 for a double DIN car dashboard opening

Glued some acrylic together and used normal Double DIN brackets. For him, he didn't have to mod his dash at all. I wonder if I could be that lucky. If I can fab this myself like this second one, I could save a lot of money. Double DIN brackets for a Nitro are cheap (8.99 at amazon) and I have an old acrylic computer case I can cut to fit my needs. $50 in other materials to glue/screw a box together and mount a Nexus 7 bracket to it, should do great assuming I can fit it behind my dash with no cutting.

I have decided that the Audison Bit Ten is what I need, along with a 4 channel amp and a pair of components and either a pair of coax or just some 6.5" woofers for the rear doors. I can use a 3.5mm to RCA cable (~$2) to connect the tablet to the Bit Ten, and should provided decent enough quality. This won't lead to a high SQL build or anything, but good enough I think. Powering the tablet should be cake as well as the guy with the acrylic box did it easy enough.

Thoughts??

6-8 weeks according to their website.
Anyway, I have a new idea. Check this out:

Android Tablet In-Car Sliding Dock using hacked DVD drive

Used a gutted CD-ROM drive.

This one is really nice:

Adapting the Nexus 7 for a double DIN car dashboard opening

Glued some acrylic together and used normal Double DIN brackets. For him, he didn't have to mod his dash at all. I wonder if I could be that lucky. If I can fab this myself like this second one, I could save a lot of money. Double DIN brackets for a Nitro are cheap (8.99 at amazon) and I have an old acrylic computer case I can cut to fit my needs. $50 in other materials to glue/screw a box together and mount a Nexus 7 bracket to it, should do great assuming I can fit it behind my dash with no cutting.

I have decided that the Audison Bit Ten is what I need, along with a 4 channel amp and a pair of components and either a pair of coax or just some 6.5" woofers for the rear doors. I can use a 3.5mm to RCA cable (~$2) to connect the tablet to the Bit Ten, and should provided decent enough quality. This won't lead to a high SQL build or anything, but good enough I think. Powering the tablet should be cake as well as the guy with the acrylic box did it easy enough.

Thoughts??
I like the second one better. My head unit is a 6.2 inch touchscreen Double Din but thats a regular DD head unit and you see my brackets on the side. If you have the tablet already, pop the dash piece off an check fitment. I know that it's not a perfectly straight bezel around the head unit. Maybe you can get it mounted so you don't see the charging wire.

I like the second one better. My head unit is a 6.2 inch touchscreen Double Din but thats a regular DD head unit and you see my brackets on the side. If you have the tablet already, pop the dash piece off an check fitment. I know that it's not a perfectly straight bezel around the head unit. Maybe you can get it mounted so you don't see the charging wire.
Yeah, I have a Nexus 10 buy my GF has a Nexus 7. I'm going to pop the dash off and see how it fits back there, and hopefully it will be an easy fit with no cutting. If so, I can mount it myself for under $50 instead of over $1000.

Yeah, I have a Nexus 10 buy my GF has a Nexus 7. I'm going to pop the dash off and see how it fits back there, and hopefully it will be an easy fit with no cutting. If so, I can mount it myself for under $50 instead of over $1000.
Yep! as long as its secure!

as an alternative to the audison check out mosconi 6 to 8. Android compatable via BT and allows you to do all audio adjustments from your tablet screen from their app.

as an alternative to the audison check out mosconi 6 to 8. Android compatable via BT and allows you to do all audio adjustments from your tablet screen from their app.
So this device has 8 outputs for amps, and I could connect it via bluetooth to my tablet and have it work pretty much like the Audison? Am I right in this? It looks like the Bluetooth is to connect to PC for management of it, but how could I get the audio from the tablet to the Mosconi 6to8? Using a separate app to adjust the volume than I am using to play music doesn't seem intuitive, to be honest, but the BT is definitely a cool feature. I would probably just get their controller.

Do you have any links of where I can buy it?

So I was talking to a co-worker about all of this since he has experience with car audio, and it turns out he has a Nexus 7 he will sell me for $50. I know the guy took care of it, but he just doesn't use. That right there is motivation for this build.

the app for the android allows for volume control off the screen. and the interface is for pc or android device. where to get it I am still working on because that is the way i am going to go in my car. also pretty sure its cheaper than the audison

the app for the android allows for volume control off the screen. and the interface is for pc or android device. where to get it I am still working on because that is the way i am going to go in my car. also pretty sure its cheaper than the audison
The Audison Bit Ten is around $300, so it that is $200 or less I will also be interested in it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.