Upgrading amps and wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

will6749

Hey,

So I just upgraded my subs, 2 12W7ae, and I plan on doing the amps soon.

I'm gonna get the HD1200/1 for the subs and the HD600/4 for my mids. If i run 1/0 from from the battery to a distibution block then 4awg to each amp is that going to be enough for those 2 amps?

I'm also gonna do the big 3 and either get a HO alt, or have mine rewound.

Also where is a good place to get fuse holders and fuses and distribution blocks? I figure I'm going to need at least a 200a fuse in the 1/0.

Right now its hooked up to a soundstream 1.1000d and its quite loud with the gain at half. that jl should be a lot cleaner, then down the road if i feel i want more i will just add a 2nd one and have 1 running each sub instead of 1 running both

ok, I'll probly hit you up for the blocks and fuses, but I'll most likely go with welding cable for the wire unless you can beat $2 a foot for 1/0. Also, would it be wise to have a length of 1/0 run back to the battery for a ground rather than grounding to the chassis?

ok, I'll probly hit you up for the blocks and fuses, but I'll most likely go with welding cable for the wire unless you can beat $2 a foot for 1/0. Also, would it be wise to have a length of 1/0 run back to the battery for a ground rather than grounding to the chassis?
depends on your car really ,if it's a unibody car then yes. also i sell the sky high wire for $2 per ft plus $6 shipping

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.