Budget friendly 2nd battery

Is this the proper way to hook up 2nd battery with fuses?

I did 300 between alt and battery #1 .

Sound shop told me 200 all the way to sub (bat-200fuse-200fuse-bat-200fuse-sub (do I need this many fuses???)

Is this the proper way to hook up 2nd battery with fuses?I did 300 between alt and battery #1 .

Sound shop told me 200 all the way to sub (bat-200fuse-200fuse-bat-200fuse-sub (do I need this many fuses???)
i dont see any error in your diagram, and that many fuses arent going to hurt because if you think about it, its a killswitch for wherever the fuse is making the wire behind it dead from getting juice from the source. Theres gonna be juice from your second battery, but its always safe to have an extra fuse than not enough (to an extent)

i dont see any error in your diagram, and that many fuses arent going to hurt because if you think about it, its a killswitch for wherever the fuse is making the wire behind it dead from getting juice from the source. Theres gonna be juice from your second battery, but its always safe to have an extra fuse than not enough (to an extent)
Tyvm

the XS is the best from what i hear never used them but they about 100 bucks mre than what i suggested. i had 3500 on my platinum. stronger than my red top for sure
The diagram was from a google search and I did read some people saying kinetik was overrated prior to buying XS Power.

I just tested my battery with everything on, AC, lights, music. At the hood, battery's lowest voltage was 11.9

Tested at both amps and lowest drop was at 10.7 and every time the voltage hit under 11 my passenger mid would turn off, followed by driver. After 1-2 seconds, both went back on.

Is this the cause of my mids/highs cutting out?

I plan to hook up 2nd battery once my +- knenkonceptz 0 gauge terminals arrive.

That's aka voltage drop. I wonder if your alt is starting to go out. Or a weak battery....and on the fritz of going out. But yes, if your electrical cannot support enough power to the amp, it will go into protect or shut off. Has built in protect circuitry and some amps are sensitive to this.

That's aka voltage drop. I wonder if your alt is starting to go out. Or a weak battery....and on the fritz of going out. But yes, if your electrical cannot support enough power to the amp, it will go into protect or shut off. Has built in protect circuitry and some amps are sensitive to this.
Well at least I know it's not my mids amp.

If I take my truck to Pep boys so they can charge my battery, is there anything special needed to do to amps? Disconnect fuse to amps etc?

Also, if I'm getting a voltage drop from one battery and a HO alt, what difference would it make with 2 batteries?

Wouldn't the batteries eventually drain and vet a voltage drop like right now?

270 HO Meghan in which I was told would be more than enough power to run my current system.

Well at least I know it's not my mids amp.
If I take my truck to Pep boys so they can charge my battery, is there anything special needed to do to amps? Disconnect fuse to amps etc?

Also, if I'm getting a voltage drop from one battery and a HO alt, what difference would it make with 2 batteries?

Wouldn't the batteries eventually drain and vet a voltage drop like right now?

270 HO Meghan in which I was told would be more than enough power to run my current system.
voltage drop and not enough amperes killed my Sq2200.1 twice

That *****. How did you resolve the voltage drop?
i havent. the repaired sq2200.1 is sitting in its box waiting for it to warm up enough for me to do something without dying of hypothermia LOL im only running one 12" on a PC275 and LONGING for the return of some real power. Im going to eventually run a line of 0 gauge, upgrade my big 3 to 0 gauge and get an AGM battery

i havent. the repaired sq2200.1 is sitting in its box waiting for it to warm up enough for me to do something without dying of hypothermia LOL im only running one 12" on a PC275 and LONGING for the return of some real power. Im going to eventually run a line of 0 gauge, upgrade my big 3 to 0 gauge and get an AGM battery
Ahhh, I see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.