Budget friendly 2nd battery

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Currently my mids amp starts turning off when I get to a certain vol with my sub on. Without sub, the kids seem to perform just fine.

I went to a local audio shop today and he said I need a 2nd battery. At this point, I'm willing to try since another battery won't hurt my setup.

Pioneer nex4100 (big three)

HO alt

1 sundown x10 in custom box

1 zapco 160x4 (forgot model #)

1 set of Pioneer 6x9 5ways

(1 blown set of 6x9 that I took out).

Zero gauge to FSD Audio 2200rms sub amp

4 gauge to zapco

XS Power battery at the hood

I have had the mids amp running for about 9 months and last 4 months or so I've been having this issue.

My question is, what type of budget friendly 2nd bat can I put inside my truck (cab) that will not release fumes?

Tyvm

Currently my mids amp starts turning off when I get to a certain vol with my sub on. Without sub, the kids seem to perform just fine.
I went to a local audio shop today and he said I need a 2nd battery. At this point, I'm willing to try since another battery won't hurt my setup.

Pioneer nex4100 (big three)

HO alt

1 sundown x10 in custom box

1 zapco 160x4 (forgot model #)

1 set of Pioneer 6x9 5ways

(1 blown set of 6x9 that I took out).

Zero gauge to FSD Audio 2200rms sub amp

4 gauge to zapco

XS Power battery at the hood

I have had the mids amp running for about 9 months and last 4 months or so I've been having this issue.

My question is, what type of budget friendly 2nd bat can I put inside my truck (cab) that will not release fumes?

Tyvm
Check out Sam's club, or autozone advanced auto orielly's if you have one of these near you. I got my oem replacement agm at advanced for less than 150. Some have found batts for less. What size are you looking to use? Most would suggest putting an agm under the hood as well, because they also say not to put agm with standard batts. If I am not mistaken, you will need 100 amp hours per 1000 watts rms. A more astute individual may chime in as well. I see you have agm up front, so check these places I mentioned.

yeah my agm is from advance buy online get the 20% discount, if start batt is few yrs old have it load tested u may need it there and they install it even if u order online

Check out Sam's club, or autozone advanced auto orielly's if you have one of these near you. I got my oem replacement agm at advanced for less than 150. Some have found batts for less. What size are you looking to use? Most would suggest putting an agm under the hood as well, because they also say not to put agm with standard batts. If I am not mistaken, you will need 100 amp hours per 1000 watts rms. A more astute individual may chime in as well. I see you have agm up front, so check these places I mentioned.
Assuming autozone, advanced auto and oriellys is 3 different locations right?

I am not sure what size 2nd bat I need, any pointers would help, tyvm.

yeah my agm is from advance buy online get the 20% discount, if start batt is few yrs old have it load tested u may need it there and they install it even if u order online
XS battery is about 1-1.5yrs old.

Any recommendations on 2nd bat size?

A more astute individual may chime in as well.
nice verbiage!!

how long do you need to have you battery charging up before whaling on it? Im probably going to get an AGM for under the hood too

btw to the OP, if youre looking for a batt that doesnt release fumes, the batt type you seek is indeed an AGM

The length is fine, the width (6 5/16) is where I might have trouble hiding behind my rear seat. I need to measure, it could be just fine.

nice verbiage!!
how long do you need to have you battery charging up before whaling on it? Im probably going to get an AGM for under the hood too

btw to the OP, if youre looking for a batt that doesnt release fumes, the batt type you seek is indeed an AGM
TYVM! I did read this on google

I hope to god this solves my mids issue. Come to think of it, I'll put a multimeter on the Zapco where the volume cuts out.

Costco sells a lot of Interstate batteries. 80 bucks for mine.....and cheaper/better than typical auto parts places.
Just looked one up and the suggested AGM price for my truck is 250-283.00

Ill pass and go with the above recommended, thx

Just looked one up and the suggested AGM price for my truck is 250-283.00Ill pass and go with the above recommended, thx
That was for my 1997 Tahoe....no way that's expensive. Unless your looking at Optima.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.