budget build

Quackhead, please don't take this as a "bash" on your suggestion. I know Red personally. So I just giving him some info.

Hey Red, the IA's are good, but food for thought both Chris (15") & Big J (12") had them and they both blew them with less than 800rms. And we've talked about Alpine already, lol.

Quackhead, please don't take this as a "bash" on your suggestion. I know Red personally. So I just giving him some info.
Hey Red, the IA's are good, but food for thought both Chris (15") & Big J (12") had them and they both blew them with less than 800rms. And we've talked about Alpine already, lol.
I don't know Red personally, he came here seeking alternate advice than yours, obviously. I have seen 1000w rms subs blow on 500watts, happens everyday to every sub available. But with a $200.00 budget and the desire to apply 1500 watts....the choices are very slim.

ps. The only reason I do not suggest AQ is the quality has been reported to have dropped significantly in recent months (along with a couple of others). I have an AQ 2200 that I hold onto dearly from a few years ago...and if this conversation were taking place back then, when quality was still up and prices down, AQ would be a good suggestion

personally i have never been a 1 sub man..... always done two and will do two subs on this install. never been into the comps or metering setups so this setup as well will never see a meter or comp. pretty much will be heard by my wife and I when we drive her truck, and depending if anymore work gets done to it, occasional car/truck show......one reason it will be in a fiberglass box that will pretty much cover the back cargo area.

ultimately whatever my decision(havent made one) will be my decision.....came for opinions and enjoy getting them. Yes I know osxign personally and known him for years and have gone to him on most of my audio builds for opinions etc before buying and he usually leads me into the right direction etc.

i figured i would come on here since being new to the site and get more opinions/suggestions and i look into all avenues.....

personally i have never been a 1 sub man..... always done two and will do two subs on this install. never been into the comps or metering setups so this setup as well will never see a meter or comp. pretty much will be heard by my wife and I when we drive her truck, and depending if anymore work gets done to it, occasional car/truck show......one reason it will be in a fiberglass box that will pretty much cover the back cargo area.
ultimately whatever my decision(havent made one) will be my decision.....came for opinions and enjoy getting them. Yes I know osxign personally and known him for years and have gone to him on most of my audio builds for opinions etc before buying and he usually leads me into the right direction etc.

i figured i would come on here since being new to the site and get more opinions/suggestions and i look into all avenues.....
And, Personally, I think the more cone area, the better. It is obvious you have a dilemma though. I was just trying to offer a simple solution. Good luck finding 2 new 12's that will take 750w rms each for $75-$100 ea.

Why dont you do this sub $59.99 free shipping 750watts rms with 3 inch voice coils, 2 of these will take that apsm 1500 all day and you will be on your budget

12 inch 750watt 3inch voice coil

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Since you are in Sanford, you might want to joing FLSPL, a lot of people from Sanford in that forum

Why dont you do this sub $59.99 free shipping 750watts rms with 3 inch voice coils, 2 of these will take that apsm 1500 all day and you will be on your budget

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Since you are in Sanford, you might want to joing FLSPL, a lot of people from Sanford in that forum
Funny thing is, he asked me about that one a few weeks back and I said no, lol. But after seeing some of the reviews it's gotten it might be a good recommendation after all, lol.

I bought one of them this morning to test it, might be a gold mine, only problem i see is gasket which is no biggie
yeah, the gasket is the least of it, lol. It's a standard 12 spoke basket, you can buy those, lol. Some of the videos I've seen so far with them got me impressed so far. If nothing else you get a nice 12 spoke basket and a 3" motor to rebuild with later on, lol.

thanks for the suggestion...second time that sub has come up in this topic. still looking at options and trying to narrow my selection down.

I bought the ten inch version of this sub last night. I'll let you guys know how she does. Looks good for only 50 bucks shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.