Budget build! Need help really about to give up!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mick White

I have recently decided to get a sub and box for in my trunk. Well I had $200 to spend but I have a amp already it's a Kenwood kac-9104D 1800w mono amp. Well I have been looking at the Power Acoustics Gothic 12" sub it's 1200w rms and dual 4 ohm voice coils 254oz motor volume but I didn't realize that it needs 2.0 to 2.5 cu ft in a ported box. Well my box is 1.4 cu ft and tuned to 38hz this sub suggest 34hz at 2.0 or 30hz 2.5. It does say 1.4 cu ft would work for a sealed box. Since I can't afford another box at the moment can I seal the port off or should I leave it alone? Also it is making my Kicker CS 6x9's in the deck distort bad what can I do about that? Remove them or make a something around them. Sorry I am struggling to get a decent sound out of my setup! Pioneer FHS501bt head, Kicker CS 6½" doors, Kicker CS 6x9's rear deck, Kenwood kac-9104D, and the Gothic sub in a 1.4cu ft ported box. Any help tuning the amp would be great also! It sounds like crap honestly! I have had systems before but not this difficult to get sounded good! I wonder if I am expecting too much from it? Arghhhhhhh!

Get a piece of wood big enough to cover the hole of your existing box and shrink the hole so it fits a 10.

1.4cf is too small for a 12, but perfect for a 10. It wont look pretty but it will perform well.

While you're at it pull out those rear 6x9s. It sounds like they are mounted in the rear parcel shelf so the sound pressure from the trunk is pushing on the cones of them which is causing distortion.

What kind of vehicle is it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.