Buck Box Designs - Refreshed Thread

How's the glass roof holding up? I picked up a 2011 beater cheap to do an SPL build in. Thinking just mid 150 no wall build nothing crazy.

I'm not sure yet. He blew one of his 8000w full bridge amps while burping, and the last I was told is that he's looking for 1 big or 2 still fairly big half bridge amps to replace his full bridges with. He cracked his windshield almost immediately after building the box, so I imagine that sunroof might not last long.

Yeah my buddy had a first gen that was stupid loud and it made me want one. Plus the factory 3 way front stage.

Thinking 2 18s subs up port back. :unsure:

Depends on how tall the box is. What I would do is actually make the box work like a horn with the shape of the hatch inside of the vehicle. We can do some advanced 1/4 wave extra stuff with a ported box if you're really trying to meter high. That's all I'm going to say on that haha. There's ways to do tunings on top of tunings for pressure levels.

Depends on how tall the box is. What I would do is actually make the box work like a horn with the shape of the hatch inside of the vehicle. We can do some advanced 1/4 wave extra stuff with a ported box if you're really trying to meter high. That's all I'm going to say on that haha. There's ways to do tunings on top of tunings for pressure levels.

I would need some extra measurements for this outside of just the dimensions of how big the box could be.

Yeah I'll hit you up when I get time to start on it. I'm only about 45 mins from Orlando at my new place.

3 Sundown Nightshade v3 10's ported going in the back of a sedan.

2 Sundown Ev4 12's series 6th order bandpass going in a fairly large van. I did a series 6th just to help overall loudness. This van has a ton of airspace, and we're trying to get all the loudness out of these 500 watt rms woofers. A pair of higher powered 12's may make it into this box at some point down the road.

View attachment 32758

View attachment 32759

View attachment 32760

View attachment 32761
This was a challenge to build using nothing but a 1950s shopsmith table saw with birch 3/4 ply, totally roasted the 144t blade I bought for the build. Despite the flimsy sawblade doing it's best to prevent a straight cut, I got her done (waiting on payday to get some router bits that can handle chopping through some 18g brads) and after hearing those e12 v4 d4s wired to 1 ohm on an sfb-2000 slam I had to immediately slam the buy now button on a sa-12 v2 d4 package. Now I'll finally be forced to finish up the big three on the astro as with just the e3s and the sfb2k, my denali 200a alt set to 15.2v drops to around 12v with the ammeter maxed at 100 (or rather the FFF it shows).

This was a challenge to build using nothing but a 1950s shopsmith table saw with birch 3/4 ply, totally roasted the 144t blade I bought for the build. Despite the flimsy sawblade doing it's best to prevent a straight cut, I got her done (waiting on payday to get some router bits that can handle chopping through some 18g brads) and after hearing those e12 v4 d4s wired to 1 ohm on an sfb-2000 slam I had to immediately slam the buy now button on a sa-12 v2 d4 package. Now I'll finally be forced to finish up the big three on the astro as with just the e3s and the sfb2k, my denali 200a alt set to 15.2v drops to around 12v with the ammeter maxed at 100 (or rather the FFF it shows).

Glad you got it built. It was quite an involved box. A lot of pieces and those flared ports can be difficult, especially a center one.

Get this amp if you have the 1000w Sa-12's: https://soundqubed.com/product/q1-2200-2-monoblock-amplifier/

It'll almost certainly play music better than that SFB and the price isn't that bad. I really hope you trust me on this amp recommendation. I can totally explain technically why I recommend this amp over the SFB.

Got some build pics of this one. The person who built this did a really good job, IMO. I did not give the easiest port design here. Owner said it sounds really good. Right now, this Skar VXF is my favorite skar woofer. It's probably an overall better daily woofer than a ZVX (which is also 1500w rms).

I think he's going to maybe stain it or something, and that hasn't been done yet. I'm just impressed with how this turned out. This box was totally an OCD-took-over design from me, so I'm really glad it turned out well.

Got some build pics of this one. The person who built this did a really good job, IMO. I did not give the easiest port design here. Owner said it sounds really good. Right now, this Skar VXF is my favorite skar woofer. It's probably an overall better daily woofer than a ZVX (which is also 1500w rms).

I think he's going to maybe stain it or something, and that hasn't been done yet. I'm just impressed with how this turned out. This box was totally an OCD-took-over design from me, so I'm really glad it turned out well.

View attachment 33165

View attachment 33166

View attachment 33167

View attachment 33168

View attachment 33169
I made several mistakes during the building process (nothing I couldn’t fix) but tried to be as precise as possible. My past wood working experience has been a 3x6 ft workbench and a table saw stand (both done recently) and that’s it lol. Always wanted to do wood work though. Anyhow the plans and deaign are what made this enclosure possible. I love the creativeness of the port. It was the toughest part, easily taking over a 3rd of the time spent on this. Wanted it to be perfect and give Buck’s design the do diligence it deserved.

obviously the sub will take a few months to break in come into its own but the sound produced with this box is so much cleaner, smooth, body shaking, and oddly enough a warmth to the sound.

obviously the sub will take a few months to break in come into its own but the sound produced with this box is so much cleaner, smooth, body shaking, and oddly enough a warmth to the sound.

I feel like I know what you mean. There's definitely a certain effect I aim for with designs for music. I can explain it, but it's really an effect to be experienced. There's a feeling to it. A big part of that is the tuning and port area. Thanks for letting me design it! I enjoyed doing that design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...