Buck Box Designs - Refreshed Thread

Anybody want an underground outdoor subwoofer?

2 Sundown Ev4 12's series 6th order bandpass going in a fairly large van. I did a series 6th just to help overall loudness. This van has a ton of airspace, and we're trying to get all the loudness out of these 500 watt rms woofers. A pair of higher powered 12's may make it into this box at some point down the road.

This is an experimental design. Nothing in this box is random. I'm not exactly sure if it's going to act like a horn or act like a ported box, but this enclosure is designed based off 2 sound theories and raw sound math, so it's a free design for someone who couldn't or didn't want to pay for one at this time. So, if you maybe want a free design with the correct conditions to get one, let me know. I'll do some hybrid designs that I've been working on and trying to figure out the best way for them to work.

This box is for 2 Skar SVR 12's. I would either call this a tapped and folded rear-loaded horn or a series ported-transmission line. I didn't use any horn modeling to do this; it's all based on raw sound math, 1/4 wave math. The way rear loaded boxes work vs a t-line is based on different types of 1/4 wave calculations, but that's a lot to explain. Anyways, here's the box:

This is an experimental design. Nothing in this box is random. I'm not exactly sure if it's going to act like a horn or act like a ported box, but this enclosure is designed based off 2 sound theories and raw sound math, so it's a free design for someone who couldn't or didn't want to pay for one at this time. So, if you maybe want a free design with the correct conditions to get one, let me know. I'll do some hybrid designs that I've been working on and trying to figure out the best way for them to work.

This box is for 2 Skar SVR 12's. I would either call this a tapped and folded rear-loaded horn or a series ported-transmission line. I didn't use any horn modeling to do this; it's all based on raw sound math, 1/4 wave math. The way rear loaded boxes work vs a t-line is based on different types of 1/4 wave calculations, but that's a lot to explain. Anyways, here's the box:

View attachment 32776

View attachment 32777

View attachment 32778

View attachment 32779

I literally don't know what to call this box, because I couldn't find an example where somebody did a box like this. This box is based off my studies of horns, the math from my studies. I'm surprised I can find tapped horns and what not, but I can't really seem to find any examples of this particular layout. So, it's completely experimental. Idc what modeling you have, how it plays is how it plays. Some of the features of this box are so custom and mixed audio 1/4 theories that I'm not even sure how you'd calculate or model this, without plainly having a 3d sound physics software that calculated this enclosure inside of the vehicle, with the subs being exactly where they are in the enclosure. But, that's why we experiment. We do it for the love of audio. My theory is that this will make more bass. That's the only reason I would try this :cool:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...