Buck Box Designs - Refreshed Thread

This is just some test videos that I received of the 4 Fi BTL-4 15's. The vehicle motor isn't running in these videos, so that's why you see the voltage as it is. That looks loud; the microphone sure does sound like it's having a hard time, lol. I have a feeling this system will just continue to get louder and louder.

A57E2176-1869-4B36-BEDE-84965951129D.jpeg

8161CBB9-B4CC-49F0-A743-C16BCCFA2CD8.png

33322DBE-0317-49F7-85F7-CDEC6702BDC9.jpeg

DB050C68-3F79-4758-8032-F95327F7FF79.jpeg

B040F9BF-C31B-427A-A285-3B32402658E3.jpeg

I'm not sure what to call this. I was going to do an aperiodic bifold chamber (ABC box), but I liked it this way more. It's for a PSI Level 5 15 in the back of a small SUV.

Rectangular port with a 90° bend. Oof.

Don't talk about his box designs. I did that and he's tried to contact the admins and have me banned, twice. Which also led to over 1,200 dislikes in three days. He made special threads to specifically call me out and try to get me banned. Consider yourself warned! 🤣

Don't talk about his box designs. I did that and he's tried to contact the admins and have me banned, twice. Which also led to over 1,200 dislikes in three days. He made special threads to specifically call me out and try to get me banned. Consider yourself warned! 🤣
Hahahaha. Maybe if I say 90 degree bends in ports cause DNA to resonate at an inappropriate harmonic, causing our cells to reprogram and allow the thought waves from HAARP to get into our heads, he’ll switch to minimal or no bends at all?

I wonder what it would take to get flared round tubes 😅

Hahahaha. Maybe if I say 90 degree bends in ports cause DNA to resonate at an inappropriate harmonic, causing our cells to reprogram and allow the thought waves from HAARP to get into our heads, he’ll switch to minimal or no bends at all?

I wonder what it would take to get flared round tubes 😅

Don't forget leave out the proper port speed argument. Bucko is a big believer in port speed. Which I don't get when you have many different types of music. I would like to find the port speed scale comparing Kenny G to DJ Rusticals. Apparently, Buck takes all of that into account in each and every one of his box designs.

Don't forget leave out the proper port speed argument. Bucko is a big believer in port speed. Which I don't get when you have many different types of music. I would like to find the port speed scale comparing Kenny G to DJ Rusticals. Apparently, Buck takes all of that into account in each and every one of his box designs.

Port speed is extremely important in box designing. I do take port speed into account for every single box I do for anyone that has a port or even multiple ports. That's why my series 6th order bandpasses seem to work so well, is because of my port designs and manipulation of ports from every angle to get the exact sound desired by me and the owner of the system. Takes some work to get it perfect sometimes, but that's what I'm aiming for is the closest to perfection I can give someone, no matter the system or situation.

Last edited:
Haha, anyways....

Skar VXF 12 series 6th order bandpass going in the cabin of an extended cab pickup truck.

View attachment 34042

View attachment 34043

View attachment 34044

View attachment 34045

Got some build pics! I was exited to see this one. This is the first VXF (it's a 12") that I've done a bandpass for.

@Deon1818 - Let them know how it sounds, if you want.

Box building quality looks pretty good to me. I think it's going to get some more beautification over time.

Got some build pics! I was exited to see this one. This is the first VXF (it's a 12") that I've done a bandpass for.

Box building quality looks pretty good to me. I think it's going to get some more beautification over time.

View attachment 34268

View attachment 34269

View attachment 34270

View attachment 34271

View attachment 34272

View attachment 34273

Anyone looking to get loud in an extended cab or quad cab truck with a single woofer, this really is the best way that I've found to do so. Bandpassing small woofers in trucks works.

Time ran a bit short so final details: stain and carpet are yet to come for a finished product but we were able to get everything installed and playing.
Amp, sub, box, stereo, and wiring were on a budget that I believe we hit $800 total.
I have a similar setup with the same sub ported and this new box plays more confidently down low and also into upper bass notes with authority. Its loud as hell and the usable bandwidth surprised me.
We'll need to spend some time on his 2004 truck we already split the rear window seal and knocked out a headliner grommet near the sunroof so now that flops around.
He was completely shocked with the sound coming from a single 12. I think he blew off his dinner plans to just drive around and listen to it 😅

Edit: Skar FTW 🤣🤣🤐

Last edited:
Time ran a bit short so final details: stain and carpet are yet to come for a finished product but we were able to get everything installed and playing.
Amp, sub, box, stereo, and wiring were on a budget that I believe we hit $800 total.
I have a similar setup with the same sub ported and this new box plays more confidently down low and also into upper bass notes with authority. Its loud as hell and the usable bandwidth surprised me.
We'll need to spend some time on his 2004 truck we already split the rear window seal and knocked out a headliner grommet near the sunroof so now that flops around.
He was completely shocked with the sound coming from a single 12. I think he blew off his dinner plans to just drive around and listen to it 😅

Edit: Skar FTW 🤣🤣🤐

I didn't know it was doing that much damage to the vehicle itself. I wish I could listen to this one, for sure.

I've found that to be true with properly designed series 6th order bandpasses. They do truly excel in some situations. People think that because it's a 6th order that it's going to peak super hard and roll off super hard, but that just really isn't the case, if it's designed for music. I would almost argue that series 6th orders might be better than ported, as in play a wider bandwidth at a higher SPL level, at least in situations like these. I wish I could do a series 6th order vs ported box test in a pickup truck, where I could make the best of both types of boxes and actually show SPL across the bandwidth to see what it truly does look like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...