Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

Sooooo, if I’m looking to do a window, what would be the most cost effective option? Setup will be an Adire Brahma sealed on a JBL GTR-1000. Gotta go sealed in the wife’s car unfortunately

Sooooo, if I’m looking to do a window, what would be the most cost effective option? Setup will be an Adire Brahma sealed on a JBL GTR-1000. Gotta go sealed in the wife’s car unfortunately

The expensive part is whatever you use for the window. Like if it's Lexan or Plexiglass or something else. Every other part of the process seems to be mostly the same.

Thank you. I don’t need much that’s for sure. Just enough for a window in a 1.1 cube box. I will be hitting you up Buck for a box for my F-150 soon. Wanting to do a single 12 ported in a crew cab without it comprising the back seat 🤞

Last edited:
But but I thought I was getting that Brahma when I stole it I mean you gave it to me next time you are up in Madison! ;)

Also Buck still waiting on a update from them on the test process for mine once I know they are shipped I'll get back with you to have you design the box for them along with dimensions.

2 Skar ZVXv2 15's ported in a big SUV

All that port area. What's the tuning?
Big port area means more peak around tuning frequency, in exchange for tad more sloppy sound the farther away from tuning you get, Correct?

you can fit a straight port in there?

It's about 32 hz. It's a larger port but not too large, not overly large. That port isn't straight, it's actually turns.

Some designs are the way they are from requests by whoever is going to own the box. Different people have different tastes, so I design to what they want, to the best of my ability and within the limits of the equipment and space.

How do you decide when to put 45's in the corners?

There's a variety of factors. Sometimes they're used for strength and trying to help some with standing waves in corners or helping the port air flow through a corner. Sometimes they're used to literally take up space, for legitimate reasons. And sometimes they're used to make a port longer.

Some people just want them in their box. Some people can't cut 45's, so I'm not able to do it. Like sometimes 45's can't fit in some corners, but they're still wanted where they can fit.

I do what people want and/or what I think is best, it just depends.

Box designing is complicated sometimes, because not everybody knows what they want, or haven't had a lot of experience, some people have ears different than others, etc. The way something sounds is subjective. There's many factors other than the box that can make the system sound bad as well, that I have no control over. Sometimes woofers just aren't the best, or people think they wanted something they didn't. I have to look at the whole picture and figure what will work the best. I look at every woofer and the specs on them and get vehicle information and tons of info before I even start designing. I just take my time to where I feel comfortable with the information I have, then I design with the whole picture in mind. It can be quite a balancing act sometimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...