Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

Post me up a link. I've done AB 8's before, it's been a while. Usually it's sa-8's or DD 1508's or something like that. AB's 8's are under-utilized IMO, beefy little beasts.

These were the only specs that I could find. The magnet weighs 150 oz. if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210513-120344_Chrome.jpg

These were the only specs that I could find. The magnet weighs 150 oz. if that makes a difference. Thanks.

View attachment 28702

Ugh they give Bl but not Re. Looks like these might be bigger box woofers, like .75-1 cube per. Maybe larger, probably somewhere around 1 cube if I had to guess, with that Fs and Qms, looks like quite a stiff woofer, relatively. It would be interesting to see Cms and Rms of this woofer, as well. Like I say, that Fs and that Qms looks like it's a bigger box woofer, but I don't have every t/s I need. Knowing AB, it's probably a 1 cube 8. But let me know what they say, I'm just educated guessing off this limited amount of info.

Ugh they give Bl but not Re. Looks like these might be bigger box woofers, like .75-1 cube per. Maybe larger, probably somewhere around 1 cube if I had to guess, with that Fs and Qms, looks like quite a stiff woofer, relatively. It would be interesting to see Cms and Rms of this woofer, as well. Like I say, that Fs and that Qms looks like it's a bigger box woofer, but I don't have every t/s I need. Knowing AB, it's probably a 1 cube 8. But let me know what they say, I'm just educated guessing off this limited amount of info.

Ya, the box we are starting with is 2.18 cubes before subs and 4" aeroport. Will be running them on 3k at two ohms. It's always tough to find all the specs on AB subs.

I never understand why companies don’t put the full specs up. Incriminator used to never put up their recommended box specs and it drove people crazy.

I've literally had to call him so many times, it's not even funny lol. We were dealers and I still had to call him to get sub info lol, just the way it is. That's a lot of disp for an 8.

The X-8 is .13 and the SA8 is .08. So, the HD should be .11 or so. I'll call him and see if he has the exact number. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...