Bronco Subwoofer Box Build - Double Baffle, 45's, Custom Insert Work

mklett33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
Recently built this subwoofer enclosure for 2 12's in a Bronco. I wanted to share the build pics with you all.

Started with some wood cut down from the local store:

Made all my cuts using a table saw

Did some work on the front baffles:

Used a Fukuda router tool to make a perfectly rectangular port:

Next I used one of my mini bits from my Mobile Solutions set to add a small roundover:

I also added a roundover to my port.

Baffle looks much better:

Here is a sick trick, go extra deep on your roundover on the port entrance, it will leave a hard edge to cut carpet on later.

Painted all the inside pieces black:

Used this sick huge rabbeting bit I got from Mobile Solutions to cut this notch in the corner of the side pieces, this is also for carpet wrapping:

Started the assembly process using clamps and wood glue:

Box is really taking shape now:

Now we need to add a bit of custom flair. Lets add this shape here for highlighting an embossed logo. Im using a smart template.

Copied the shape to 1/2 MDF and protected it with TESA tape:

Applied body filler using a smart spreader:

Sanded and looking smooth

Look how perfect that transition is:

Now we need to make our insert fit after vinyl and carpet is applied. This means we need to remove material from the wood of the piece otherwise it wont press fit. I use the material compensation set from Mobile Solutions:

Now it fits perfectly:

Wrapped the insert with vinyl:

Now I am going to add a logo. Im using speedfoam from Ultimate Audio Fabrication for an embossed look.

Now the box is complete!

Packed up for loading into a cardboard box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Finally, here is a video showing the whole process //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

can i please get alpine type r 10 inch d2 plans!
1.25 cubic feet at 32hz Make the port length of the last port wall© shorter( or take it off completely) if you want higher tuning. Make sure you add mini 45 degree angle cuts for wave guides and sand down all the sharp edges.

125cubes32hz21sqin4qf.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.