Broken Tweeter

Colin P
10+ year member

Hi,

I have the Diamond Audio S600S components and one of my tweeters were hanging down as I was installing them and the tweeter was then shut in the door so it's all crushed! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

so, is there any way I can get a single tweeter or should I just buy some new tweeters, if it's the latter can you suggest some and would they be ok to use with the diamond crossovers?

i'm about to make some tweeter pods so would like to get this sorted asap

i'm off to email diamond now!

Thanks

Hi,
I have the Diamond Audio S600S components and one of my tweeters were hanging down as I was installing them and the tweeter was then shut in the door so it's all crushed! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

so, is there any way I can get a single tweeter or should I just buy some new tweeters, if it's the latter can you suggest some and would they be ok to use with the diamond crossovers?

i'm about to make some tweeter pods so would like to get this sorted asap

i'm off to email diamond now!

Thanks
Get the same tweeter... hopefully they won't overcharge ya too much :p

yea, tbh i'm not blown away by them, I might get a new tweeter, sell the set and then get some XXX components (or others)
Check out what I'm doing if you haven’t noticed me yet... I design custom xover networks and I'm working on a 3 way (and a 2 way set... there’s no way I'm going to be proud of this one but I'm doing it anyways due to the demands of the people...) using the XXX midbass and some seas units...

I have 2 prototypes that I'm about to finalize... My PL6 and PL7 component sets... Compares to Rainbow Platinum component sets... just costs a lot less //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I intend to take on Boston Acoustics Z6 with them... have the product at local shops for just a little more money than they can be found online for and they sound better... and you get them from a local shop... trying to help out the retail stores that still have a store front instead of just operating online...

did you buy those diamonds from an authorized dealer? all diamond speakers coaxial or component sets atleast the new 2005 ones have a 2 year over the counter exchange warranty, so no matter what happens 2 them you can get them replaced, because my friend put a hole in my diamond 6.5 i brought it back 2 the stereo shop and they gave me a brand new pair, hope this helps

did you buy those diamonds from an authorized dealer? all diamond speakers coaxial or component sets atleast the new 2005 ones have a 2 year over the counter exchange warranty, so no matter what happens 2 them you can get them replaced, because my friend put a hole in my diamond 6.5 i brought it back 2 the stereo shop and they gave me a brand new pair, hope this helps
wow what a warranty! o_O -- I'd check that out first unless you are just dieing to upgrade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

yeah i know the only reason i bought my diamond audio 6.5's i figured hey that's a hell of a warranty why not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I was told that large format tweeters are far better than small format, such as the LPGs.
Has more to do with the fact you can get a large rear damped chamber... not to mention many of the larger faceplate tweeters have some sort of waveguide which helps out with some interesting diffraction effects and nonlinear effects that happen when a sharp angle is hit by sound waves...

There are some very high quality small faceplate tweeters out there... there are just large diameter face plate tweeters out there that sound as good or better and cost less money.

Check out what I'm doing if you haven’t noticed me yet... I design custom xover networks and I'm working on a 3 way (and a 2 way set... there’s no way I'm going to be proud of this one but I'm doing it anyways due to the demands of the people...) using the XXX midbass and some seas units...
I have 2 prototypes that I'm about to finalize... My PL6 and PL7 component sets... Compares to Rainbow Platinum component sets... just costs a lot less //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I intend to take on Boston Acoustics Z6 with them... have the product at local shops for just a little more money than they can be found online for and they sound better... and you get them from a local shop... trying to help out the retail stores that still have a store front instead of just operating online...
Please enlighten me know a companies 'set' built from scratch and $$R&D is 'comparable' to what you are doing.....other than sound any DIY'er can achieve in a good install. With high end, aside of sound, you are also paying for a work of art, highest quality craftsmanship and materials- in Rainbows case handbuilt. Will you be offering 5yr and lifetime warranties with your sets as well?

will you xovers look like this?

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/technology.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=2&kom=3

Where are these credible independent tests with Rainbow Platinums and Boston Z6's pinned against your DIY project?

Spamming was never tolerated on this site, dunno what gives as of late- you must be an exception....... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

There are dealers who frequent this and other forums yet dont behave this way,I'm sure they'd appreciate if you saved your 'advertising' and claims though the use of PM's, not public......

trying to help out the retail stores that still have a store front instead of just operating online...
thats funny stuff....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.