Broken Tweeter

Because I challenged someone elses claim that 'I' though was unreasonable? This is a discussion forum afterall, you may want to grow a sack someday and try it......sure beats having your nose dipped in shyt all the time;)
Ology...

I never questioned the performance of the Daytons, they are great drivers from a longtime solid company. You showed me a link of a tested Seas driver that is simply not a Rainbow Platinum mid. That is all, so i questioned you....You afterall are gunning after some highly regarded sets in the Bostons/Rainbows, this type of reaction should have been expected

Since no one else is playing, I will play Devil's advocate...

I dont see how this 'product' will benefit a local dealer. For one there cannot be much of a markup considering the market cost of these drivers. Dealers flourish on selling 'exclusivity', the market is saturated with penny pinchers that avoid local shops to begin with- instead of paying a big tag on your passive xover, will get the drivers themselves online and do their own thing actively, specially knowing what set consists of. Going active requires a decent HU and a 4ch amp these days, people looking into this caliber of drivers likely already have that covered.

You in other threads have even spoken on how much equalization/tuning an individual speaker in car needs-how is this passive xover anything less than a handicap in those regards with these raw drivers? Considering every car/application could benefit from a different xover/slope configuration...

Supposedly Dayton was going to eventually release more car friendly reference drivers w/out the mag shielding and vc changes when they finished the line . This would take even more sales away from your local dealers.

Tell me you'll be offering something that will be in high demand, make your product lucrative......

Tell me you'll have 2ohm version sets......people want to maximize use of their stereo amps

Tell me your passive xovers will have freq/slope adjustability via jumpers, least you could do considering the drivers....
I've got everything covered //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll be glad to address all of your concerns... I just hope after this you will be clear on the fact that I know exactly what I'm doing and have a good grasp on what is going on...

First concern...

The typical customers walking into a store are going to be able to listen to the Ology Audio component sets on the sound board and do a double take at the sound for the price... and be able to pickup the finished component set right there...

While active works nicely for well behaved drivers -- the RS are far from well behaved and no standard active xover regardless of how adjustable the Q (unless you can adjust the Q for each corner -- which I have yet to see any of this variety on the market...) of the filter will be able to keep up with a properly designed passive...

Also the RS 2 ways in particular are still within +-2dB 40 degrees off axis and break +-3dB only past 60 degrees through the critical midrange -- no slope adjustments or xover frequency adjustments are necessary since there is no 'hole' in the frequency response... is has a VERY even power response and images very well even in stock locations behind the door panel...

There are 2 versions of the xover though with different 'sounds'... I'm still working on the other one though...

I am only selling these component sets that are based upon readily available drivers until I can get enough money to make an order of some 2 ohm drivers... and only use the dayton base driver for awhile till I get enough money to start doing my own R/D... I have some ideas that will change things in quite a serious way...

As for slope order adjustments -- you need 4th order or higher to make the RS work properly... as for xover point adjustments -- there will be 3 versions of the xover... one static one way -- one static the other way -- and one that you can toggle between the two sets of xovers for dealers to use mainly -- to show people the differences...

I spent a *lot* of time trying to get a very even power response so that the xover is a one size fits almost all installs type deal...

If you have any more questions of concerns let me know -- I'll address them too...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.