Bridged 4 Ohm or 2ohm mono

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rothy

CarAudio.com Newbie
OK so I am playing around with the different equipment I have as I transgress my old system into my new truck. I currently have budget sub/Amp/enclosure as I devise my L7's layout in the Avalanche and still use midgate. Right now I have a power akoustik Gothic gw-124, kenwood kwc3016, a sealed 1.25 box, a rzr1-2500d mono Amp and a Pioneer gm-5500t bridgable 2 channel laying around. I started with the Gothic wired 4 Ohm and bridged to the Pioneer and it pounded pretty good. Sounded good but had issues with losing power so I ripped it out to chase the problem. When I reinstalled I ran the Gothic 2 Ohm to the Pioneer bridged (not thinking it through) and obviously the Amp kicked off less than half volume. Instead of rewiring the sub, I swapped the Amp for the mono and it sounds good, it pounds but can't get it dialed in perfectly.
My question is in your opinion how/what would you run if you had this stuff laying around to play with? I also have an old kenwood 12 taking up space I could utilize if it makes any sense in anyway with what I have. I can't decide what would be best bang for nothing. I'm not really new to car audio, but I'm self taught and only educated from trial and error so I am open to anything

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.