Brand new subs bottoming out

Are they actually bottoming out or is the box just making noise? Or are the subs loose in the box making noise? Look at the subs while they're playing and see if they are moving a lot (the cone). If they aren't moving a lot then they aren't bottoming out it's something else.

What is the final DC resistance? Have you pop tested them with a 9 volt battery to make sure you haven't gotten the pos and neg mixed up? The video was short and looked like the subs gave the illusion of ******* in instead of hitting out. I doubt it would be too big of an issue, but anything could be possible at this point. Free airing is one of the better ides so you can see your suspension move. Just apply low power on 1 sub at a time.

This is actually a hifonics problem mainly with that particular board design.

Redo your grounds and connections on the amp and properly set your gains. Your subs are not bottoming out, if its not the box then its the amp thats causing that wierd noise. Same stuff happened with my old bxi 1610.1d amp, around half volume and up and you'll hear it hitting really wierd like something's blown or the sub has bass constipation and the cone wont move properly. Get a solid ground connection going on and it should go away. Scrape all paint off of the grounding location and move the ground to another spot if needed. Then measure resistance with a Digital multimeter, speaking of DMMs, set your gains with one, dont guess and think 50% is the proper spot.

You need to pull the woofers out of the box and see if they make noise. I'd also guess that it's the box failing or the subs are not mounted tightly. If the woofers were broken you'd hear odd noises even at low power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.